Average parts car value

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I know im committing a fabo sin here by asking what is it worth without pics but I think most 4 door parts cars have an "average" value

I found a 72 valiant 4 door. its been sitting for a long time ....body is complete except the back window is busted out and the grille is busted.

minus the radio the interior is complete but trashed from the back window being gone and animals (cats) making themselves comfortable.

has a complete slant six and 904 ....probably runs.

the whole car is rust free as is typical for my area.

does $350. sound high for this ?? it might have a title but I didn't ask ...don't care, all I want is as many parts I can harvest off it to put a duster together and I don't need a title to crush it when im done.

so does $350. sound reasonable for a more door parts source ???

Dunno about your area.

I sold my '74 Scamp in May for $200. Solid Body/Frame/Floors, Complete, no broken glass. It ran too, and had a title. 225/904/8.25" with A/C, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Sway Bar, Rear Defroster

Dunno about your area.

I sold my '74 Scamp in May for $200. Solid Body/Frame/Floors, Complete, no broken glass. It ran too, and had a title. 225/904/8.25" with A/C, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Sway Bar, Rear Defroster

I wish deals like that would show up around here where I could snag them. The BBP disc brakes are worth more than you sold the whole car for.

I look at what I could sell the parts for (or what they are worth to me) and then the scrap value of the rest (~140/ton here). I sold a 75 Dart roller in pretty rough shape, no windshield or engine/trans for 1K. It did have weld wheels all the way around, narrowed 8 3/4 (open diff 3.23) and front BBP disks. The buyer asked if I would go lower, I told him I figured 1K just for the front disc setup, rear end, and wheels so the body went for free. He was happy with that and paid me to deliver it (was still on my trailer)

Last one I bought for $250.00. 1974 Valiant 4 dr, 318, 904, 8 1/4, and disc brakes. Ran with a jumper lead to the coil. Only rust was in the lower 1/4s and tire well. This is in Texas and did have a title.

I probably would not get much for scrap .....im thinking I will end up soaking it for parts. im actually thinking of slicing the front inner structure off to "clip" a wrecked Demon I have.

thanks for the input you all :D

Hard to find anything less than about $650 down here.

Usually some rust if not lots of it.

We went through a period of having LOTS of small, "push in" roadside signs that had a phone number and said "$400 for any scrap vehicle".

If you've got the time, patience and space, that car will bring you back thousands...and that's not stretching things one bit. Look it over...EVERY single nut and bolt on that car is needed by somebody somewhere. If it was local, I would think nothing of buying that car, as you described it for twice that asking price without even looking at it. You would be shocked at how much gold can be dug out of what appears to be a pile of ****!

I probably would not get much for scrap .....im thinking I will end up soaking it for parts. im actually thinking of slicing the front inner structure off to "clip" a wrecked Demon I have.

Doesn't the Demon have damaged parts that can go back Valiant? If so it would be a trade out in weight.

I saved the front clip and frame rails to repair a 68 Barracuda that I picked up wrecked. I saved the complete floor pan for a 72 Dart. The 1/4 lips to repair rust on another Dart. And sold the rest for $275 in scrap.

I think it's safe to say that any running and drivable car is worth $500.

I think that's a good deal for a parts car.

LOL really Buy it .

i am but i have to wait a week or two ......im cash poor but i might take a loan from my cousin. :-? he is the one who physically turned my head in the direction of the car because i had not even noticed it where it is before he did that and pointed it out. :jocolor: he knew i would be all over that little car LOL

you know you said you would like a 4 door rani maybe save it instead of parting it ....... the little 4 door is saying save me rani .....

you know you said you would like a 4 door rani maybe save it unstead of parting it ....... the little 4 door is say save me rani .....

its not in that good of shape ....plus my duster shell is yelling louder than the valiant "save me first ....im a sexier car" and the duster is right. dang right.

-
Back