Avoid this vendor!

-

Rakers_SS

Reaction score
A word of caution to everyone, I ordered a replacement battery tray and hold down from Restoration Parts Source (RPS) a month ago. My credit car has been charged, and I have had zero communication from RPS since my order was placed. I called approximately a week after I ordered to get a tracking number to see when it would arrive and was told they are out of stock and have more coming next week (that was 2+ weeks ago). Since then I have called 6+ times with no one answering the phones or responding to emails. If I don't get an answer today I'll be disputing the charge with my credit card company. Just wanted to let everyone know to avoid this vendor at all costs!

Restoration Parts Source (RPS)

I wouldn't give them a second thought..... Dispute it ASAP. If there is a logical reason, they better have it for your CC company. Otherwise their loss.....

JW

I wouldn't give them a second thought..... Dispute it ASAP. If there is a logical reason, they better have it for your CC company. Otherwise their loss.....

JW
Yup, calling the Credit Card Company this afternoon to hopefully get it resolved. People suck LOL

No company should charge your credit card until the item is ready to ship. That's bad business.

No company should charge your credit card until the item is ready to ship. That's bad business.
I agree, terrible experience. I believe they were the source of several fraudulent charges on my card as well.

Well, crap. I ordered a push button for the shifter ball on my Challenger from them a few days ago. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any shipping update yet.

Well, crap. I ordered a push button for the shifter ball on my Challenger from them a few days ago. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any shipping update yet.

I wouldn't sit and wait. Let them know you need tracking info today or an order update by the end of business day. After that hopefully you paid for it by CC and can dispute it.

JW

Never heard of them before. A little internet research shows 86 bad reviews. Yup, eBay scammers selling foreign crap. Stuff like this is why I seldom use eBay.

Looks like a fly by night drop shipping outfit to me! Take peoples orders and then have it sent to customer from far away suppliers.......at their leisure, of course!

Going through this drop ship "lost in shipment" BS myself. Paypal might actually rule in my favor this time.....I'm not holding my breath. The guy actually communicated well, but only offered me 60% refund..and I think the EMS tracking website is bogus: none of the other links work on it!

Having similar issue with a motorcycle supplier that I have used numerous times before.
Their past performance has been excellent, but the Covid Monster has them in it's grip.

Having similar issue with a motorcycle supplier that I have used numerous times before.
Their past performance has been excellent, but the Covid Monster has them in it's grip.

Then they need to go in a different direction..... Covid is the perfect get out of jail free card now......

JW

Never heard of them before. A little internet research shows 86 bad reviews. Yup, eBay scammers selling foreign crap. Stuff like this is why I seldom use eBay.
Wasn't though EBAY actually, ordered directly from their website. Hell I'd trust an average EBAY seller over these guys at this point...

Watch for fraud charges on your credit card, could be unrelated but I had almost $1K in fraudulent charges shortly after I had ordered from them...

Shouldn't charge until shipped.
I think it's OK for a "reputable" company to charge the card before the item is shipped, if their computer checks that the items are in stock first.
I would not disagree too much with this. However, as mentioned above, I am OK with a "reputable" company charging the card before the item is shipped, if their computer checks that the items are in stock first.
Going through this drop ship "lost in shipment" BS myself. Paypal might actually rule in my favor this time.....I'm not holding my breath. The guy actually communicated well, but only offered me 60% refund..and I think the EMS tracking website is bogus: none of the other links work on it!
This is why I never use Paypal for any transaction other than with a "reputable" dealer. By reputable, I mean Summit Racing, Classic Industries, etc. In fact, I really don't use them much anymore at all.

I would actually rather use ebay because of scenarios like this. They have been very very good over the years about compensating me in the few times a seller has failed in any manner. They have access to all communications and information and always resolve any issue in 3 days.

Never lost a dime to a bad seller on ebay in over 22 years. Now my periodic failure to pay attention to what I'm buying however...:rolleyes:

Yup, Paypal came to bat and refunded my payment after about 20 minutes after I opened a case against the seller with email proof of their 60% refund. If a vendor doesn't take paypal, I wont buy from him as paypal is VERY buyer friendly as of late and A-hole sellers who scam will get screwed by paypal in the end by not releasing their money.

Ordered a radiator shroud over two months ago and can’t get anyone to answer calls or emails… out 200$ … will never get back…it appears..

Ordered a radiator shroud over two months ago and can’t get anyone to answer calls or emails… out 200$ … will never get back…it appears..
Open a claim or a dispute. How did you pay?

-
Back