AVS2 carb tuning. Anyone with experience out there?

-
Don’t mess with metering rods or anything just upgrade the squirt nozzle I wasted a lot of time with springs rods and jets then I finally went back to stock and changed the squirt nozzle. Bog was gone then I fine tuned The carb leaning it out and putting a spring that matches my engine vacuum.

You can disconnect the pump shot lever and just drive the car on the transfer circuit and as long as you don't open the throttle too fast the car will drive fine. As a matter of fact if it doesn't drive fine on the T-slot you need to address that first before you cover the issue with a bigger pumpshot. Get the T slot working right and it will require less pump shot.

You can disconnect the pump shot lever and just drive the car on the transfer circuit and as long as you don't open the throttle too fast the car will drive fine. As a matter of fact if it doesn't drive fine on the T-slot you need to address that first before you cover the issue with a bigger pumpshot. Get the T slot working right and it will require less pump shot.

Yes I had the t slot dialed in the smaller carb I had on engine before had no bog until I swapped the 650 Avs . I’m not talking about the pump shot I’m talking about the squirt nozzle in the carb under the horn, with my 650 Avs until I upgraded that the carbs bog went away. You can adjust the pump shot as much as you want but that stock squirt nozzle is way too small to supply any kind of fuel at WOT. This is from my personal experience.

Do you have any different squirters
I had a similar problem on a thermoquad and it disappeared when I got a bigger squirter
Could be something simple

Yes I had the t slot dialed in the smaller carb I had on engine before had no bog until I swapped the 650 Avs . I’m not talking about the pump shot I’m talking about the squirt nozzle in the carb under the horn, with my 650 Avs until I upgraded that the carbs bog went away. You can adjust the pump shot as much as you want but that stock squirt nozzle is way too small to supply any kind of fuel at WOT. This is from my personal experience.

I understand what you're saying but the T-slot is faster at providing fuel when you open the throttle rapidly than the pump shot does. You can play around with different IAB and IFR sizes to see what the carb wants.

While my AVS2 needed some “tweaking” my main issue was my timing set at -4 degrees. Not sure why it was like that as the previous owner had no explanation either.

Make sure you harmonic balancer hasn’t spun, showing retard….when it is not!

Hi there. A lot of great answers here. But you could also check this. The last new avs carb. I tuned the Metering rods were sticking in the bores. I polished them up and they moved nicely. But it still was running lean I had to fatten it a lot more than usual. Never went any farther as why but it ran good after.

-
Back