axels/bearings

-

abodybill

Reaction score
I'm going tobe putting new axels into the street/strip car.

don't know which moser or strange?

anybody running either axels with green bearings?

what if any problems you have had or heard of?

what to know before i go and place an order

and wheres the best price on them from?

thanks,bill

I bought Moser 31 spline directly from Moser. Tech support was excellent and I am very happy with the axles. The green snap ring bearings were mounted my Moser before shipping.

I also put Wilwood disc brakes on (4.5") and Moser provided tech support for that part of the setup as well.

Price was comparable to Strange. I didn't try other sources like Mancini because I wanted to make sure I was avoiding fitment issues for the entire setup.

Good luck.

MNDemon340 said:
I bought Moser 31 spline directly from Moser. Tech support was excellent and I am very happy with the axles. The green snap ring bearings were mounted my Moser before shipping.

I also put Wilwood disc brakes on (4.5") and Moser provided tech support for that part of the setup as well.

Price was comparable to Strange. I didn't try other sources like Mancini because I wanted to make sure I was avoiding fitment issues for the entire setup.

Good luck.
I also got my axles from Moser.
And like MNDemon340, I also have the Wilwood rear disk brakes. One call and they new exactlly what was needed. I believe the Wilwoods are the same offset as the B-Body brakes when you put them on an A-Body rear .25" longer from bearing to flange.
The only problem I had was they put the green bearings with the snap ring on them and my Wilwood adapter was set up for no snap ring. They did offer to send the correct bearings, but I would have to find someone to press them on. Instead of leatting someone mess with them, I just bought the correct adapters from Wilwood.
They cost me right around $400 for the pair, all ready to put in.

don't moser have a 30 spline axel?

as i just put together a 742.

and on the complete setup did the 1/2"studs come with them?

i looked for mosers web site but couldn't find it?? not the sharpest knife with the computer ](*,) so if one of y'all could post it for me i would be able to get ahold of them.

as i fould strange and like what was said they about 400 for the setup but they had sometype of plate in the picture but they to needed the green bearings.

thanks guys,
bill

Yes The stock spline count is 30.
And they came with 1/2" screw in studs. If I remember right they asked which ones I wanted

Mopower71 said:
I also got my axles from Moser.
And like MNDemon340, I also have the Wilwood rear disk brakes. One call and they new exactlly what was needed. I believe the Wilwoods are the same offset as the B-Body brakes when you put them on an A-Body rear .25" longer from bearing to flange.
The only problem I had was they put the green bearings with the snap ring on them and my Wilwood adapter was set up for no snap ring. They did offer to send the correct bearings, but I would have to find someone to press them on. Instead of leatting someone mess with them, I just bought the correct adapters from Wilwood.
They cost me right around $400 for the pair, all ready to put in.

Did your setup come with the parking brake option?

-
Back