B- body 8 1/4

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I have an 8 1/4 out of a 70 satellite more door.

Would 70 be the same as the ones that appeared in A- bodies after 74......minus the slight width difference ?

I dont think the 8.25 ever made it into any 1970 Mopar.I thought the first year was 73?
So measure the center to center of the spring perches.IIRC A-bodies were 43.5, Bs were plus about 1 inch.
Seems to me the A-bodies with the bent T-bars, 76up, had a plus 1inch rear track. The perches IDK.
That would make the tracks nearly the same, on those two.
As to the guts, cant say.

Arent F bodys the same width as B bodys rear end wise? I know that those had 8.25s, it was likely swapped in at one point. Does it have 11 inch drums?

Friend's Dad had a 69 Belvedere bought new with a 8 1/4.The earliest I have seen.

1969 first year for the 8 1/4. 70 B-body is only a couple of inches, more or less, wider than the A-body rear so it is a good fit for the A body.

1969 first year for the 8 1/4. 70 B-body is only a couple of inches, more or less, wider than the A-body rear so it is a good fit for the A body.

that's what I am fixin to do ...I was going to put it in a duster my moving the perches in a little but my question is: will a 70 version interchange with gears and parts from later ones?

it has 2.76 grandma gears now and I want like 3.55 or close to that neighborhood.

Sweet, I learned something. I had no idea 8.25s started that early!

-
Back