B&M flex plate

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well going to use my 318 TC it has 2200 stall up against my 360 with 727 tranny,money is hard to come by now cant aford a 3000 stall.So I need a part number for the flex plate and supplier.My old flex plate is the 6 bolt if that makes any difference.So all help would be great at this time,I do not want to make a big mistake buying this part.Thankssss,I would love to get one here in Canada to save on brokage fees from the U.S. but I think there is no one selling them here.

If you buy from U.S. have it sent USPS no broker fees etc. Ends up a lot cheaper.

One thing to look out for is torque convertor bolt size. I planned on doing the same thing with my 3000 stall convertor behind my 318. I ordered an sfi approved flex plate for my 360 build and the convertor holes are bigger than my convertor bolts. Might want to double check first.

Did you get biger bolts badart?

I will have to do something. My 360 is not close to being done, but I will have to do something. I have thought about drilling and tapping the bolt holes on the convertor, but I don't know how safe that is.

I will have to do something. My 360 is not close to being done, but I will have to do something. I have thought about drilling and tapping the bolt holes on the convertor, but I don't know how safe that is.

If there's enough meat there you can do that but some pads aren't very wide and can't be tapped that far and still retain strength. Do some measuring and see how it looks. Another thing you might do is take the flex plate to someone that can accurately drill a set of smaller holes. That would actually be my first choice. If you have a good drill press and carefully make a template you can probably even drill the holes needed yourself. Just make sure you get them exactly right on or it'll chew things up from wobbling.

The B&M plates in the Summit link posted have both size holes so you choose which bolts to use.

If there's enough meat there you can do that but some pads aren't very wide and can't be tapped that far and still retain strength. Do some measuring and see how it looks. Another thing you might do is take the flex plate to someone that can accurately drill a set of smaller holes. That would actually be my first choice. If you have a good drill press and carefully make a template you can probably even drill the holes needed yourself. Just make sure you get them exactly right on or it'll chew things up from wobbling.

The B&M plates in the Summit link posted have both size holes so you choose which bolts to use.

Good to know. Thanks

-
Back