B & M flexplate

-

Brian Hood

Reaction score
Does B&M make a flex plate for a 2001 5.9 Magnum thats weighted? I can't seem to find one that goes past 1999. I have a good 727 with a 2400 stall TC from an older 5.2 LA and would
Like to use it. If not, will I have to get a weight kit from MP and weld it onto the TC?

Pretty sure the internal balance one is the "weighted" one

If they do have one it won't actually have weights. They did things differently by removing material from the opposite side. Different procedure, same result. I'm not aware of any changes made to the 360's balance concerning 99 vs. 2001. Don't see why it won't work but it wouldn't hurt to send an e-mail to B&M's tech dept to see what they say.

magnum engines are internal balenced meaning no more weights on the convertor. they also have what they call a 90 degree convertor which means the convertor bolts are not staggered anymore. you can use your old la 318 plate and convertor. another note, the oil pans on the magnums are interchangeable. you can even use the la360 pans and front covers.

magnum engines are internal balenced.

I don't believe that's correct. I believe the factory flex plate is balanced to the "un" balanced engine.

So far as I know you need the proper flexplate for a Mag 360 vice a 318, and both are different from the LA engines.

360 mags are externally balanced.

I believe it's a 10242 flexplate

i bad, ignore my last post. i was thinking of something else.

Ok just for the heck of it i held up my new B&M converter to the factory flex plate thats still attached to the 2001 5.9 Magnum. it fits and the holes seem to align up. Since this is a weighted flex plate and the converter is a neutral balance, should it just hook it up and see if it runs?No one I called claimed they had ever heard of using this type of applications before (2001 5.9 Magnum to a A727TF with a non-lockup B&M 2400 stall speed converter). Any ideas?

Ok just for the heck of it i held up my new B&M converter to the factory flex plate thats still attached to the 2001 5.9 Magnum. it fits and the holes seem to align up. Since this is a weighted flex plate and the converter is a neutral balance, should it just hook it up and see if it runs?No one I called claimed they had ever heard of using this type of applications before (2001 5.9 Magnum to a A727TF with a non-lockup B&M 2400 stall speed converter). Any ideas?

Do your homework,and get it right before you hook it up.

countless guys have used every day 727's behind 360 magnums. If the original converter from the truck the engine came from was neutrally balanced it'll work fine.

-
Back