B&M unimatic

-

Hersbird

Reaction score
I have to say I'm liking the looks of this shifter best. I don't want or need ratchet or reverse manual pattern and I don't have a factory console, just want a floor shifter between the seats rather then the column shifter and something nobody's going to knock into gear or reverse by accident.
Anybody have any pics of one in a A body preferably with bucket seats? Where does the handle end up? Because it looks longer but then doesn't have a big cover.

I like the looks of that one too. Looks like a 4 speed if you glance in, I think the lack of shift indicator would bug me but I get wierd like that. I'd like to see pics as well if anyone has 'em

JMO i'd go with one of the street bandit shifters from B&M. they make a non-ratchet version that keeps the great looks of a ratchet shifter.

The street bandit does look great but it's as much as the Cheetah, and it might be a little to high tech or racy looking. I'm sure the Cheetah performs great but it looks like they pulled it out of an 80's Dodge Omni. I don't need complicated, and my shift indicator on the column has never worked anyway I want something that has the look of a mod done in 1970.

I think the unimatic can be accidentally knocked into gear unless there is a lockout I don't know about...

IMO Unimatics are a good choice for learning shifting control. Their supposed to have a reverse lockout however that design was alittle flawed and unless you have everything adjusted 100% to the letter the lockout doesnt work properly. Also keep in mind if you get the Unimatic you need to have the 6ft cable for chrysler applications. Didnt fng that out until a few days after I had it installed in the car (Did that about a month ago) This is for backlash reduction which is for those who actually run it through the gears. At any rate Im really pleased with the shifter so far.

do you have any pics Jrdart? Id like to see how high it sits.
B&M says this about the unimatic "An additional safety feature requires that the shifter stick must be pushed down lightly to shift into Reverse or Park." although Summit says "no" in reverse lockout.

do you have any pics Jrdart? Id like to see how high it sits.
The unimatic is supposed to be reverse lockout, its the Lokar ones that don't, which I like the look of even more.

Gimme about 5 min and I can get a pic...I had to build a box because of clearance issues with my trans and the bench seat lol.

Ill get you pics tomorrow. Spent forever looking for my camera then it was too dark out to take clear pics.

-
Back