B or E body dash in an A body

-
Racer
I see you doing some far-out stuff. But this is really out there.
Im pretty sure you are aware that Es are about 5 inches wider across the bow, so youd be in a world all your own. Plus those Es are looong. You might have to move the doors back to get inside.And Bs are about the same wide, but some(the older ones) are a bit shorter.
Whatever you decide, though, I will look forward to seeing it, and wish you nothing but success.

not really out there at all. i have a 71 scamp and am putting a 71 charger 500 dash in it. you have to section the dash first off. like aj said they are wider, i havent messed with it in a while since i am just getting back into this project. you need to find the best area where you can chop out the difference of width in the dash. in my case its in between the gauge cluster pop out and the glove box. you will have to have an area in the dash that can be cut clean and welded back together. then take orig dash measurement and do the math with the new one +/- i would say 1/16-1/8" for play with the weld. then cut the new dash, and mock half it in the car and mark it. will need to make new mounts also. then do it the same with the other side of the car. lots of measurements to be sure. then weld the two sections together and finish the seam nicely. the dash pad will need the same thing done to section and you could glass it together then send to justdashes i would think they could redo the pad. any holes could be filled or a custom badge plate made. i was thinking of sectioning the wood grain panel and then epoxying back together but thats down the road. my car is getting a full cage and was thinking of mounting tabs to the cage. i want the dash cluster more in my face. i sit further back in the car anyways with racing buckets. i will post pics later on this year when i get back to this.

One of the Mopar Missiles I think had a challenger dash. Thanks AJ and SS

-
Back