B1BA Heads, Anyone Use these

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has experience with these heads, Good or Bad. Looking for heads to build 422 stroker.

Now your talking about making some serious horsepower,my friend has a set on his small block stroker should be well be in the 9's..what happened with the w2's??..and how much power do you intend to make??

Well, after info back on the W2's it appered I needed different intake and Headers and seemed more expensive to build so I am continuing to look for something with easier configuration that will make 550hp +/-

Well, after info back on the W2's it appered I needed different intake and Headers and seemed more expensive to build so I am continuing to look for something with easier configuration that will make 550hp +/-

Well then get yourself a set of Edelbrocks properly preped,i know they will support 550 h.p. easily,my "mildly" preped Edelbrocks cranked out 520 h.p.,can't wait to see what they flow after some serious work is done to them..or you can go the indy 360-1 route if you don't mind spending $3500.00 for the set up..i've got a buddy running 10.0's with it..

I my be talking out my a$$ here but aren't the B1BA heads in the same class as the Full race W2?

In other words req. there valve train, there intake, there exh pattern header.

There is other heads out there that can be ported to get your goal, with out the special intake/exh parts. That would meet your goal, What is your goal?????

There was a Ton of $$$$ put into them "W2 heads" you were looking at and with same more, you would have had a Grate building block, for even more power down the road.

I wasn't trying to talk you out of then, just wanted you to be a ware of the extra hidden cost of buying them heads.

I can only assume that if your building a monster SB Stroker that your wanting to feed it!!!!!
Yes you could even us a set of ported X,J exc if your going mild on the cam/ eng.
BUT remember, 422 cubic inch WANTS A LOT OF AIR! Even in mild trim.

I my be talking out my a$$ here but aren't the B1BA heads in the same class as the Full race W2?

In other words req. there valve train, there intake, there exh pattern header.

There is other heads out there that can be ported to get your goal, with out the special intake/exh parts. That would meet your goal, What is your goal?????

There was a Ton of $$$$ put into them "W2 heads" you were looking at and with same more, you would have had a Grate building block, for even more power down the road.

I wasn't trying to talk you out of then, just wanted you to be a ware of the extra hidden cost of buying them heads.

I can only assume that if your building a monster SB Stroker that your wanting to feed it!!!!!
Yes you could even us a set of ported X,J exc if your going mild on the cam/ eng.
BUT remember, 422 cubic inch WANTS A LOT OF AIR! Even in mild trim.
Info From Web site "The small block B1 BA is usable for many applications such as Pro Street, oval track, and drag racing. Standard exhaust headers, intake manifolds, and valve covers may be used. A relocated spark plug, along with improved port and combustion chamber design, provides excellent performance gains over any other Mopar compatible heads. If using an R Block that oils through the pushrods, small block Chevrolet rockers may be used. Special guide plates may have to be fabricated to use the Chevrolet rockers. If using a standard 340 or 360 block, standard adjustable Chrysler rocker arms may be used with special B1 stands. Some stock manifolds may require milling"

You can make some serious power with B1BA's. I know a guy running them on a 410 (360+.040) in a Ram D50 that weighs 2975 race weight and it runs 10.60's. He just got it together so it isn't even all the way dialed in yet. He said they bolt right up with std. intake and headers.

Vary good, thanks for the education.:read2:

I would have thought it required at lest the TA exh rocker to open the prp area........

Just curious if anyone has experience with these heads, Good or Bad. Looking for heads to build 422 stroker.

From what I've seen they aren't much better than the edelbrock's when fully ported. However, we can get them with the pushrod holes deleted, allowing us to move the pushrod over with offset rockers just like the w2.
This is NOT cost affective!! Anymore I just use Indy stuff. I sell Indy stuff, but I revamp it before I sell it. And I offer other variations that Indy doesn't offer to the public (why I have no idea).
Brian

-
Back