Baby name ideas - need suggestions

-
I believe names set the tone for a child's life. Anything too unusual sets them apart in a bad way. Just my opinion. That being said, you can't go wrong with biblical names....Adam, Clement, Ethan, and Matthew are personal favorites. Also I have a friend named Lance who's cool.

There's always the option of waiting til after he's born, and seeing what name fits. Good luck and congratulations on the new addition to your family.
Don't go with Matthew. It's too common. My freshman year my english class had three other matt's in it so we all went by last name's. It was kinda cool cause we had Sheets, Childers, Samples and I was Lipscomb.

If I had a son I wanted to name him Dammit. That way when did something to piss you off, and he will, you could yell at him, 'Come here Dammit'.

..... Brandon....... Jesse..... Kyle....Stone ( I like the way he says " Good Evening ......I'm Stone Phillips " ) ....... Dillon...... Steel..... Ryder. ....Dusty.

don't make the little bugger wish he never had a name when he gets older. kids in the school yard can be brutal. a cool name with a car background is Nash. a cool name just ask my grandson. good luck.

...not sure about a first name..... but... make his middle name be "Danger"
That way he can say "Danger is my middle name" :supz:

-RPM

Good ideas.

We are primarily Scandinavian and German.

Thought about Cain, but I really don't like naming him after a guy that killed his brother.

How about Bruce? Would be an awesome tribute to our good friend who is no longer with us. I also lost a brother named Bruce when he was 5 yrs old in 1975.

If he is your first son, tradition is, he has the same name as you. This tradition has been lost somewhat in the last few decades and I think that is sad.

Whatever you do don't name him Richard. My sons are Devin and Blake. I also like Wyatt and Chase. Good luck with the new kiddo.

My first born son was named after myself,father,grand father,great grand father ect. i hated my name in school [Louis] the teachers always called out louise the ribbing i got was awful [he seemed to make it thru ok],my second son was named Michael. My family is Penn. Dutch/German, my wife is Korean,when my first son was due we discussed what to name him i sugested we follow her familys names [semo,kunmo,inmo ect.] so i sugessted One Mo she did not speak to me for a few days. When my second son was due we had the same discussion and i sugessted Mockalee [a Korean alcoholic beverage] again she did not speak to me for a few days. I had a friend named doerr [doe-er] he sugested Open the [for first and middle] for his first child and Close the for the second.

Take it from me. You dont want to give him a name that will embarrass him or hard for people to pronounce or you will regret it. How about something like Clint, Brodie, Wes, ect.

Good ideas.

We are primarily Scandinavian and German.

Thought about Cain, but I really don't like naming him after a guy that killed his brother.

German- Friedrich, Hans, Wilhelm, Johann, Franjo, Marcus

Squarehead (aka "Scandahoovian")- Ole(pronounced "Olie"), Dolph, Gunnar, Harold, Lars

"Other"- Owen, Nikolai, Jamal :)Dwanna throw people off?), Lee, Maynard (I know 2 and Maynard James Keenan's cousin Kim, who is a dude), Layne, Marshall, Kelvin and Phineaus (aka 'Phin' or 'Finn')

Just some suggestions...

I like Maynard. But I can hear the ridicule already. Where is Nards at?
Gunnar got shot down pretty early on.
She won't go for Phineaus because of the cartoon. Phineaus and Ferb.

Bruce... I'll have to bring that one up to my wife.

Tradition wise. First son gets the middle name of his father. Second son gets the middle name of grandpa on his fathers side.

Sully, Lars, or James?

I have three boys, and there names are Jesse, Justin, and Jacob.

Name him Sue.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcQKtl3MGCE"]A BOY NAMED SUE !!! JOHNNY CASH 1969 LIVE SAN QUENTIN PRISON - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back