Baby seat in my dart???

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
Ok guys, my baby will be here in 4 weeks! Now I need to put a baby seat in the back of my 69 Dart. When I got the car there were not seat belts in the car... and there still isnt any. What is the best way to put a baby seat in the back on an A body?? Will a factory lap belt be sufficient?

Thanks guys!

I would say a factory lap belt would be ok. On my 41 chrysler I called the state police to verify what was legal in my state and here none is required due to vehicle age so lap belt is what I installed. What I am getting at is call your state police to see what they require and go from there.

The lap belts work great. I just put the base in and put all my weight on it then pulled the belt tight. It worked great and was actually more stable then my new vehicle. Are you using the kind that has the base that stays in the car and the seat snaps in or will you be using one of the big ones that stays in the car?

The lap belts work great. I just put the base in and put all my weight on it then pulled the belt tight. It worked great and was actually more stable then my new vehicle. Are you using the kind that has the base that stays in the car and the seat snaps in or will you be using one of the big ones that stays in the car?
this^

I have the seat but the base is extra. Not sure what im going to to do. I think I will get a base.

OK thanks guys! So i need to get some lap belts. Any suggestions on where to get them?

Yeah, just grab a set from classic. Free shipping and 10% off right now. I would get a base for every car the kid will ride in. It made things so much easier for my wife and I if something happened and one of us had to go get the kids but the other had dropped them off.

Yeah, just grab a set from classic. Free shipping and 10% off right now. I would get a base for every car the kid will ride in. It made things so much easier for my wife and I if something happened and one of us had to go get the kids but the other had dropped them off.

x2. We got a base for my parents too, in case we needed them to pick the kid up from daycare one day.

So the "universal" seat belts from classic industries will work just fine?

I bought some universal ones off e bag for the dart when my daughter was little.
figured a new belt was safer than some sun baked old turd. put all 3 rear seat belts in while I was at it.
people would freak when they saw her car seat in between the roll bars.... I always told them she was way safer in there than a new car.
I see Amazon has pretty good deals on the belts and hardware now. might be worth checking out.

Does anyone have a picture of a car seat base installed with the center lap belt?

Ok guys, my baby will be here in 4 weeks! Now I need to put a baby seat in the back of my 69 Dart. When I got the car there were not seat belts in the car... and there still isnt any. What is the best way to put a baby seat in the back on an A body?? Will a factory lap belt be sufficient?

Thanks guys!

Child Passenger Safety Requirements

-
Back