Back glass gasket

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. I need a new rear window gasket. Where it the best place to get one? Thanks.

What car ymm? There are only a couple places that make the gaskets and in some cases only one. Google your application for window gasket. I shop for price and location (speed). I would stay away from the big online retailers they tend to be more money for the same thing.

I've been pleased with JustMopar. Seems like a family run business and the owner is very knowledgeable. I'm doing my first Mopar build and he had every single peace of rubber, seals, gaskets, and so forth that I needed in stock. If nothing else you can use it as a price comparison.

A member here has one for sale. You might see if what he has will work.

Thanks guys. I have a 71 Awinger. body work and new gaskets were complete last year. I needed the garage and had to leave the Dart parked outside. That is when I noticed the leak. Now I can't stop it. So I am gonna replace the gasket and hope that works.

Jeff, if they were just replaced the gasket should be ok if it didn't rip when installing. Maybe a matter of pulling it back out and sealing it when installing. also make sure there are no obstructions around the frame to keep it from sealing properly..

Thanks for the idea Rocky. I just need to take my time and pull the glass out. Weather was suppose to be good yesterday, so I drove the car. Well it rained. So my trunk got a little water in it. Wife and I had plans for this weekend, but next week I am pulling the glass out and find out WTH is wrong with it.

If body work was done at the sail panel to quarter joins or at the lower corners of the glass bed, there may be a little too much filler left in those areas. You may see a spot where the gasket doesn't lay right soon as you remove the reveal moldings. The shape of the bed and fence can never be "too good".
Properly cleaning a used gasket for reuse is a time consuming process but always worked for me even with OEM gaskets.
Good luck

Thanks RedFish. The car was completed last year, vinyl top and all. It has been kept in the cave (garage) till I was working on my daughters car and mine was outside when it rained. That is when I noticed it was leaking. I ordered a new gasket so when it comes in I hope to get it fixed.

Thanks to everyone for the ideals.

Hey all. I need a new rear window gasket. Where it the best place to get one? Thanks.
don't knowhow good they are , but $90 -100 is the price i see all the time . I'm buying as well , same leak in the trunk from the rear glass
http://www.nationalmoparts.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=427&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

another site
http://www.jimsautoparts.com/weatherstripping.htm
http://www.nationalmoparts.com/inde...=427&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Ugh, just did the work around my rear window over the last couple of weeks. Lower rear corners were pulled away from the body enough for water to get between the 2 pieces of the pinch...wicked all the way down to the tail lights ( this is on a Duster ) and I had to replace the trunk gutters on both sides.
Take a look at the pinch area, mine was all wavy almost all the way around so I straightened it with a hammer and body dolly and filled the edges with seam sealer so even if it does leak again, it wont suck water between the sheet metal.

-
Back