Back halfing my 74 Scamp

-
Reaction score
Well Guys I am finally at a point where I am ready to start building my car. Its been a long few years of buying parts, and building a new shop. So the first thing on my list is to strip this car down and have a pro street back half installed and then replace the needed floor pans. My question is should I take the car to the chassis shop and let them completely fab a back half or should I order one made for my car from someone like Art Morrison or some other chassis company and then take it to the shop and let them install it. I have been asking around and the chassis shop I have chosen comes highly recommended. Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

I have considered installing one my self but I have serious issues with trusting my self to get it right and making it just like a pro done it. maybe that's a good thing I don't know. I have never done anything like that before> my metal working experience is limited and my welding is ok not perfect. I am about to invest in a new more powerful mig welder big upgrade from my HF 110 welder. Anyway thanks for the advice I think I am going to order one then see if I feel comfortable installing it.

Eric

Google and youtube Back half or pro street a car, there's some information along with video. You may have to fill in a lot of blanks But I think its doable.

Sorry for the slow reply I have been in and out of town. Anyway I thing I am going to order one from a reputable builder and with the help of a friend I think we can get it done. any advice on things to watch for or a dont for get this and that is greatly appreciated.

Eric

my advice.....if you do not know....read up on instant center as it pertains to the rear end.

what are you doing....
4-bar/ 4-link?
ladder bars?
triangulated ....wishbone?....panard bar?

most "universal" kits have holes for adjustment you will never use.

-
Back