-

monook

Reaction score
I can not get the bottom back seat out. I push a little down ward and try
to pull up. Got the one side off the latch but can not get the otherside up
and out.
Any tricks out there?

Darryl

my problem i have is getting them to lock back in place lol. i use i screwdrivers or something to pull on the tags alittle.

Thanks bigtommy
I have the one side unhooked and try to wedge it up and get a screw driver in there.

Darryl

Push the seat bottom down then back towards the rear of the car, then lift up....It's kinda like a fish hook

Push the seat bottom down then back towards the rear of the car, then lift up....It's kinda like a fish hook

Trying that but me am a little wimpy LOL!
I slide the carpet out and can see the fish hook now. Still working on it.
Thank you 6pk2goDemon

Darryl

I got it! I guess I will file the hook part down a little so it does not grab so much for if I have to take it out again.
Thank you.

Darryl

I had a ton of trouble on my 67 fastback. I didn't know that the bottom seat was actually bolted down to the floor. There's a couple of brackets that hang from the seat and attach to the floor. You can view them by folding the top half of the seat down at a 45* angle and then looking in between the two seats. With most A body seats you just have to push the seat toward the back of the car and it'll kind of pop out on its own.

I got it! I guess I will file the hook part down a little so it does not grab so much for if I have to take it out again.
Thank you.

Darryl

Before you file down the hook, be sure that nothing is bent, which could be the case if someone previously "over did it" when removing the seat bottom.

Before you file down the hook, be sure that nothing is bent, which could be the case if someone previously "over did it" when removing the seat bottom.

Thanks FISHBREATH I will double check that before filing. The hook part
seems pointed down on that side, thats why I was having problems.
I had to take seat out to unplug the motor for the top because of a
sticky switch (Vert).

ESP47 This is a convertibe and there is 2 bolts for the back but not the
bottom. Do fastbacks have them on the bottom as well?

Darryl

The seat back drops down over time. Lifting the seat back a little first allows the seat bottom to move back. Some later model seats backs have 2 bolts to loosen at the bottom.

-
Back