Back Surgery

-

Rob

Reaction score
Well, wish me luck guys and gals, I go in on Tuesday for long awaited back surgery. They're going to do a bilateral Foraminotomy ( basically porting my vertebrae on both sides :-D ) and a discectomy, that's with a "D" not a "V" :toothy10:

wow....good luck man...I hope all goes well, and wish you a speedy recovery afterwards...

Thanks, I just want to get it over with and get back home. They have me booked for a 3 day stay at the hospital, I assured them that was out of the question, one night is all I'm willing to give them :-D

I am not much of a luck man :read2: I hope all goes smooth Rob :happy10:and it's over before yea know it :-Dand glad it's behind you :cheers:

Hope your back on ya feet in no time. I know back surgery is no fun. I have a buddy that wouldnt be able to get around tho if he hadnt of gotten his fixed. Take care man and dont hurt yourself trying to bust out of the recovery room :D

Thanks guys, I expect everything to go well. Once it's all done I'll be able to stay on my feet for more than 5 minutes, that sure will be nice, it's been a long time since I could.

I already told them I'll be leaving the next day, they said they're taking my clothes, I said that was fine with me, I won't be the one that has to look at my shiney white *** as it makes its way out of there :-D

Thanks guys, I expect everything to go well. Once it's all done I'll be able to stay on my feet for more than 5 minutes, that sure will be nice, it's been a long time since I could.

I already told them I'll be leaving the next day, they said they're taking my clothes, I said that was fine with me, I won't be the one that has to look at my shiney white *** as it makes its way out of there :-D

HAHA be hell getting busted for indecent exposure LMAO:bootysha:

My thoughts are with you for a successful surgery and a very speedy recovery Rob . . . take care!! Rog

Not trying to burst your bubble, but

LISTEN TO THE DAMN DOCTOR AND DO WHAT HE SAYS TO THE LETTER...........if he says to stay for 3 days DO IT!

Do you want to walk again? if you push it you might not be able to stand 5 minutes, EVER

My wife had back surgery 3 years ago, basicly used dermal tool to open up for the nerves.

January of this year she was back for more surgery. This time she got a cage and some turn buckels.

If you over do it, or don't follow the recommendations you might not get over it.

take it easy, hope you do well

Good Luck

Ain't backs a *****? Hope everything goes well and you are up and running again soon.And i think i would listen to what the docs say,a back is not something ya wanna screw with.8)

Good luck to ya Rob and yes listen to your doctor, backs are not like fingernails they don't grow back. If you do escape wearing nothing but your hospital scivies becareful they might think you're from the "lower east side" and remember :worthles:Make sure you get a good supply of painkillers and not that hospital crap either I'm talking about your high octane BC Bud here now. 8)

I hope all goes well w/ your surgery and pray for a speed recovery. Don't rush yourself out of the hospital. The extra time you spend now may pay off big time later.......

Thanks for the well wishes and concerns. I'm not planning to get out of there right away so I can run home and work on the car or do something physical [-X I'm stubborn not stupid, I think :scratch:

I just want to get out of there because the food and boredom will kill me and I want that tube out of my winky as soon as possible. :munky2: At home I can eat real food and watch speed channel 24 hours a day :-D

good luck with your surgery. hope all goes well for you....

Well I just got the final confirmation call, I didn't get bumped so I'm going in tomorrow morning. If you're having a bad day you can think of me, I'll probably be having a worse one :-D

Good luck Rob and listen to the docs! Sorry I missed this earlier. Keep us posted and let us know how everything is going.

Good luck, I went thru the whole herniated disc scenario but avoided the discectomy. Every once in a while (not for sometime touch wood) I have a flare up. I have literally beed brought to tears by the pain. Usually I am out of commission flat on my back for 3 days to a week. ...................I feel for ya brother. Take care.

Good luck Rob and listen to the docs! Sorry I missed this earlier. Keep us posted and let us know how everything is going.

Thanks Joe, I'll have an update in a few days, I can't wait to get this all behind me and start healing :-D

Good luck, I went thru the whole herniated disc scenario but avoided the discectomy. Every once in a while (not for sometime touch wood) I have a flare up. I have literally beed brought to tears by the pain. Usually I am out of commission flat on my back for 3 days to a week. ...................I feel for ya brother. Take care.

Thanks, I hope you stay healthy, watch out for those little early morning twists and turns, that's what always gets me, something simple like turning the shower on, stand up and bwam :munky2:

Oh don't worry you'll be BACK in no time!! LOL!

Sorry I couldn't stand it anymore. Maybe it will cheer you up a little bit Rob. We'll have you in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm 40yrs old and my back doesn't seem the best in the world. "Keep your legs straight as you lift" was unheard of yrs ago when I first started construction. So 18 yrs of construction something has to give out. I'm in auto glass now so it's not as bad but sometimes my back hurts.

As Demonseed said......the GOOD pharmacuticals !!!!

I am going thru a pinched nerve in my neck right now.

Feels like somebody has got a knuckle pushed into my shoulder blade while sleeping on my arm and my fingers are tingling.

Well I survived, sort of, got home around lunch but way to sore to go on the computer. I don't recall ever being in so much pain in my life :angry7: I'll have further update in a few days, I'm beat.

-
Back