Back to work- Finally!

-

bpwordman

Reaction score
Hey guys- good news! After 97 weeks unemployed (93 of it thankfully with unemployment insurance benefits), I am finally back to work. And even better, it's out of the dealership stuff and into full time Christian service! I am part of the administration and staff of Freedom Village Ministries in Lakemont, NY- a home for troubled teens. Anyone heard of us? Maybe now, I'll actually get to do something on a project car before snow flies!:cheers:

:wav: Way to go ! :wav:

Congrats ! Bet you have lots of kids wanting to help with the project.

Best of luck.

I'd act surprised, but...:-D

I'll say it's a better fit than the dealerships were.

By the way, for those reading this, Brian, our friend with the new found job, has donated his dream car, the '71 Javelin in his signature, to our church for the mens' ministry.

So, as he's got something to celebrate, through his generosity, so do I and the men of the church. Thanks again, Bro!

From someone barely back to work after just over 17 months, I would like to offer my own congratulations. Being out of work really stinks and it can kill a man's self-esteem really fast, not to mention the harm it can cause a relationship (as it has mine...).

Anyway, you have persevered and been rewarded. Enjoy!!

way to go my first day when well too. after were i was it,s nice to have someonr trust u and let you work with out looking over you shoulder all the time and not working them selfs. glad you found something you will like. i have rekindal my love for working on car as i had lots interest till now .

As you may have noticed by ramenth's post, the Javelin is going to be a group project for a men's church group; I get to play "Yoda" to a new group of car guys under ramenth's able leadership. The Hemi gasser project is not dead- far from it. More info later. Thanks, guys for all the cheers!

-
Back