back up light fix

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I've got a 71 swinger with a 73 dash. Some wiring is the same some different. one mess at a time and I'll get them all Now to the backup lights. I notice that the neutral switch wires and backup light wires are two different gauges. Does the N.S.S power a relay or supply a ground for a relay?The center wire grounds the starter relay,do the two outside wires complete a circuit for the backup lights How do they work? Thanks Jim

The NSS switch is actually TWO switches, activated by "how far" the plunger is pressed

The center pin grounds one blade of the starter relay so it will engage when it sees power (yellow) coming from the ign switch

The two outer terminals are backup. One pin goes to the lights, the other gets "key on" power from the harness

The NSS switch is actually TWO switches, activated by "how far" the plunger is pressed

The center pin grounds one blade of the starter relay so it will engage when it sees power (yellow) coming from the ign switch

The two outer terminals are backup. One pin goes to the lights, the other gets "key on" power from the harness
Thanks 273 good info That means the outside pins don't care if they're "key on" or bulb connected cause the plug goes on either way Jim

I don't remember polarized or not but that is correct in function, the outer pins "don't care"

-
Back