backing plate?

-

OllieDemon45

Reaction score
I have an 8 3/4 with the SBP axle right now. I plan on swapping the axle out for ones from Dr. Diff with BBP to match the BBP fronts. I am keeping the drum brakes in the rear but plan on purchasing the 10x2.5 kit from Dr. Diff.
After doing some research here, i have found that the backing plates that i have now will not work because they are for a SBP.
What is a common part # or vehicle i can search so i order the correct plates.
I would appreciate any help with this one.
Thanks.

I have an 8 3/4 with the SBP axle right now. I plan on swapping the axle out for ones from Dr. Diff with BBP to match the BBP fronts. I am keeping the drum brakes in the rear but plan on purchasing the 10x2.5 kit from Dr. Diff.
After doing some research here, i have found that the backing plates that i have now will not work because they are for a SBP.
What is a common part # or vehicle i can search so i order the correct plates.
I would appreciate any help with this one.
Thanks.
Well, if this is the kit you're getting from Dr. Diff-
Mopar Drum Brake Assembly
it already includes the correct backing plates.

The backing plates need to match the drums you put on. If you have sbp backing plates then they will go with your sbp drums.
If you go through Dr diff he will sell you the full assembly and it will all work together.
If you DIDNT go through Dr diff, then you would need a full drum brake assembly from any other mopar 8.75 and that would work as well but you just need to make sure you match THAT particular backing plate to its respective drum.
They all have their own offsets to work with their particular drum and hardware

He does not have the full Drum Brake Assembly in stock that you have listed, that was my original plan.
Now i am going with the rebuild kit but will need backer plates and drums.
Then you do exactly as @Projectile Dart said, get the drums and backing plates off of the same vehicle. There are enough variations that this will be the easiest way to make sure that your parts will work together. Make note of your source vehicle so you know what parts to order when doing future servicing.

To answer the ops question

Any 8 3/4 B C E body with 10x 2.5 BBP backing plate will work with 10 x 2.5 BBP drums.

Same for 11x 3 etc

To answer the ops question

Any 8 3/4 B C E body with 10x 2.5 BBP backing plate will work with 10 x 2.5 BBP drums.

Same for 11x 3 etc
Just to refine that a bit....'65 and newer B, and E body with 10 X 2 1/2" brakes. C-bodies only came with 11" brakes. The later A,B, F, M, etc 10 X 2 1/2" setups should work too. Just make sure the backing plate has the 5 mounting holes....most do regardless of which rear end they're on.

-
Back