backing plates 9"

-

jiw700

Scamper340
Reaction score
need 9" backing plates for 8 3/4 rear , the one's i have the axles won't go though there off a 72 7 1/4 i want to keep my small bolt pattern

Once weather warms up and I can change out my rearend I will have (ithink) 9" backing plates for SBP.
Dwayne

I believe I might have some,I,ll have to go to my friend,s farm.They are 9 inch drums I believe from a 66 Dart.I,ll have to measure to make sure.Here,s a pic.,not sure what size are on the 7 1/4 sitting in my garage.It also came out of the 66 ??

trim 028.jpg

trim 035.jpg

Hate to be the one to break this to you, but the only brakes MaMopar ever put on an A body 8 3/4" rear were 10" X 1 3/4". Those are the ones you will have to find if you want to keep your SBP. 7 1/4" brakes won't work on an 8 3/4" rear since they are set up to use a 2 1/2" axle tube end and the 8 3/4" end is 3". Have seen a bunch of 10" SBP brake setups listed here for sale lately. The drums are getting a little hard to find for these brakes but they are still available new. Hope this helps.

Hate to be the one to break this to you, but the only brakes MaMopar ever put on an A body 8 3/4" rear were 10" X 1 3/4". Those are the ones you will have to find if you want to keep your SBP. 7 1/4" brakes won't work on an 8 3/4" rear since they are set up to use a 2 1/2" axle tube end and the 8 3/4" end is 3". Have seen a bunch of 10" SBP brake setups listed here for sale lately. The drums are getting a little hard to find for these brakes but they are still available new. Hope this helps.

then what do backing plates measure across for 10'' drums

What size brake shoes do you have?I,m running 10x2 1/2 shoes on my 8 3/4 with Moser axels.I had to get 97-99 Dakota backing plates from the dealer.Go to the dealer and do a search for your size brake shoes!Hope this helps!

-
Back