Bad A$$ 1966 Dart in my area on Craigslist

-
I happen to know the gentleman who owns the car and he is a really nice guy. The alterktion that is on my car was going on this car but the bags would not fit so he had a custom front end built for it. Yea its not my cup of tea but neither are 95% of the vehicles on fabo but i usually keep my comments to myself. He shelled out well over 100k to build this car and i think its a unique take on a 66. At least its not primer with cragers and a stupid rake.

There are two roads in life, one is to follow and one to lead, problem is there are so many purists kicking the dead horse that imagination sometimes becomes extinct here on fabo. I'm sure he had his own dream and what would it be like if everyone dreamed the same? I personally am not into air bagging as much as I like hitting the corners but I certainly love the stance he took on being an individual and the chopped top really makes it.

And whats with the Jesus stitching in the trunk? Kind of weird and a major non seller right there.

Apparently painted with the blood of Jesus. Have you seen how much that costs per gallon?! :D

There are two roads in life, one is to follow and one to lead, problem is there are so many purists kicking the dead horse that imagination sometimes becomes extinct here on fabo. I'm sure he had his own dream and what would it be like if everyone dreamed the same? I personally am not into air bagging as much as I like hitting the corners but I certainly love the stance he took on being an individual and the chopped top really makes it.

It has nothing to do with being a purist (which I am NOT). There's just a lot to not like about this build, plus if you put that kind of money into a car that you know will never be worth that much, why sell? Those are just my opinions, you are entitled to yours.

all that money into a Dart? I mean I love the shape of the early Darts...Strange...would figure you'd start with a higher end ride...like a big finned Chrysler....

hmm I sort of like it , I wonder what it'd look like if he led'd the rear tails sortof like a charger or the new dart? Hey have him send me a cardboard template of the tail panel and I'll see if I can prototype that for him to see how it's look!:glasses7:hmm leds in a racetrack configuration for tail/running lights on the GT panel hmmmmm.
D%%n now I gotta go look at mine to see if I can get that to work. GAH I hate YOU for posting that!!!! hmmm 2 red acrylic strips in the top and bottom grove of the GT tail panel filled with leds to m ake the racetrack conversion hmmmmmmm where's my tail panel at $#%#^^$#^

top chop not so much since I like to drive my cars and see where I'm going. plus I'm addicted to convertibles. Lowering it?well he ain't going to drive it down my sand road anytime soon unless he cranks the air into those bags. but it does look "cool" sitting not driving that low to me
front headlight look like my friends Ford Galaxie so I'm on the fence about that(don't want to talk bad about my friends ford since he's about twice my size and a devoted ford guy with a temper)I like the shiny look of the stock unit with all the bling it has if polished out nicely. The door smoothing came out nice too. getting rid of the handles and wing vents, gotta be power windows,door locks and openers too! it really changed the look of the doors. would I do that nope to the wing vent removal, but it does look good IMO.
red's always pretty done up right on the car and pro street is always a seller

overall I'd give it a 8 out of 10 for construction (and I like most of how it was done but not what was done on some of it, but that's my opinion and I've been known to be really off the mark sometimes:D)and a 3 out of 10 for sale -ability. your pretty much limited to the younger west coast crowd(or east coast yuppies who want a pro street unit already done up), who will pay that price or the tuner wannabe's that have plenty of money and no style sense whatsoever (3 sets of wings on a civic ect.. ).
again just my opinion but I hate the poster for making me think about the led racetrack design #$%$ ^&*^&

Oh shucks Jim, I've seen more money put into Studebakers and DeSoto AirFlows in the past 10 years than this Dart. Customizing and Hot Rodding is a personal preference which doesn't mean there isn't someone out there who won't pay the price. Even here on fabo putting 15 or 20 grand into an engine isn't far fetched if you do it right

As far as building your own, I've read posts from many who cannot even find a simple part like their horn button and if one were to read most of the posts, you would see these for yourselves..

I dont like the grill looks like it came out of a ford . The tail lights suck too . I like the rest just a few little things on the inside i would have to make fit me lol . But if i had the money to just burn i still would not give 10 grand for it after all its still a 66 dart .

I saw the tail light panel and thought almost immediately of the GT tail panel with 1 strip of poured red acrylic on the top part and 1 on the bottom groove filled with leds to go into the new charger/dart stye "racetrack" leds might look cool without making it look so bad as the full red panel. I am thinking of testing that out for my led tail light nowthat I have seen the full red panel (don't like it) but think that with the original trim (big honking piece of polished trim and 2 thin strips of red leds on the top and bottom groove micgt just look ok. as an accessory light package for shows. hmmmm can anyone photoshop a good picture of the GT trim and tail lights on a 66 sort of like this
View attachment !!!!racetrack!!!.jpg

hmm might be too busy though.

and I'm not a purist either I'm a "comfortist":D since I want to drive my car into the dirt and do it in comfort!

As George Barris once said and I quote: Anyone can restore a car, but it takes a real man to chop it up..

Don't blame the messenger

When you consider my own dart, you already know I'm not saying anything about anything, but.... how come the taillight and the trunk aren't lined up? For 85k I want nice clean lines :p

I however do like the interior (but I want a color other than tan).

I thought Dodge f'ed up the '66 Darts when they came out! I was drawing pictures of the '63 Darts in my hi school art class right after they came out. The '64's were cooler, with the 273 hipo and I learned to drive with a typewriter tranny - still love my pushbutons! So, in MY opinion, what Dodge f'ed up in '66 this guy administered the coup de gras to. But, it's his car, his money, and his choices!

BC

-
Back