Bad backup light switch?

-

bigtooth

Reaction score
Have any of you ever had a back up light switch go bad in your 833? Mine seems to be shorting out, every time I put the transmission in reverse it pops the fuse, but if I take the plug off the two prong switch at the transmission and jump it all is well with the backup lights and the fuse. I have a new switch on order from napa, sucks i'll need to drain the fluid and refil - but oh well.
Anyone else ever have this happen?

You don't necessarily have to drain all the fluid to change it. I swapped mine out because the old one was leaking and I just backed the car into the driveway (slight incline down on the nose), then jacked the back end way up to try to get as much fluid forward as I could. Then I just made sure I had the other switch in hand when I pulled the old one out. Didn't lose much fluid at all, but it's potentially a little messy.

sweet! thanks for the advice.
You don't necessarily have to drain all the fluid to change it. I swapped mine out because the old one was leaking and I just backed the car into the driveway (slight incline down on the nose), then jacked the back end way up to try to get as much fluid forward as I could. Then I just made sure I had the other switch in hand when I pulled the old one out. Didn't lose much fluid at all, but it's potentially a little messy.

the switch is napa part # ns6571, maybe it will help someone out. I didnt see it in any search results on here..

-
Back