Bad day at Taco Bell

-
Wow! The winds were only 40 mph tops too. Yeah that's windy but not enough to do that. My condolences to the family.

National codes requires those type signs withstand minimum 110 mph winds for a 30 sec gust. I see a lawsuit coming. Also, did anyone notice that the article state that their names were being withheld until relatives are notified. But states that 3 paragraphs AFTER it gives their names.

National codes requires those type signs withstand minimum 110 mph winds for a 30 sec gust. I see a lawsuit coming. Also, did anyone notice that the article state that their names were being withheld until relatives are notified. But states that 3 paragraphs AFTER it gives their names.

In this case, I think a lawsuit is deserved. If that was my wife that got killed I'd be mad as hell. It's not like there was a tornado and it was an "Act of God". In my very simple mind I would think that the sign contractor is liable, but I'm thinking that TB may have some liability too. Should TB be responsible as it is their property, both the parking lot and the sign? Maybe it will be argued that since they were doing business there and not with TB that they are not responsible?

In this case, I think a lawsuit is deserved. If that was my wife that got killed I'd be mad as hell. It's not like there was a tornado and it was an "Act of God". In my very simple mind I would think that the sign contractor is liable, but I'm thinking that TB may have some liability too. Should TB be responsible as it is their property, both the parking lot and the sign? Maybe it will be argued that since they were doing business there and not with TB that they are not responsible?

The contractor who erected the sign should bear the blame, IMO. TB's insurance will likely get stuck with the liability. But, some slick lawyer will probably argue, and maybe successfully unfortunately, that, since they were there conducting business other than patronizing the TB, they were trespassing, thereby relieving TB of any and all liability. I hate lawyers.

Lawyers always go for the deepest pockets, whether or not they were directly involved in the accident.

-
Back