Bad feedback for Ryan Morse

-

weezer

Reaction score
Didn't want to do this and not sure this is the place to post it. If the Mods need to move it, do so. If it needs to be deleted all-together, so be it. I sent Ryan Morse (72Demon_340 on here) a check the first of Nov. 2008 for some kick panels that he had advertised on here. He got the check and cashed it, saying he would wait for it to clear the bank before shipping the kick panels. I, of course, agreed. This is SOP. I kept checking with my bank to make sure the check cleared. It did. Of course. As of today, Jan. 12, 2009, some ten weeks after me sending Ryan a good check, I have neither the kick panels nor a refund. I do have multiple e-mails between him and myself. He at first claimed to have lost my mailing address. I re-sent it. He next claimed to have mailed the kick panels but they must have become lost in the mail. I offered to speak to the Post Office on his behalf, verifying that I never received the kick panels. He did not take me up on my offer. Lastly, after I asked for a refund, he said he mailed out a money order refund but that the mail was slow because of the Holidays. Now, two more weeks have passed with no word, no refund, no kick panels from Ryan Morse. I think he knows that I'm not going to travel all the way from SC to PA over $35.99. Granted, that's not a lot of money but I work damned hard to be able to play with my toys and every penny counts. So, bottom line...if you are thinking of dealing with Mr. Morse, save yourself some grief and DON'T DO IT! Thanks.

I don't like seeing this here at this great site
It looks like he has 23 posted parts for sale and there must be someone that can give us some feed back on him.
Thanks for the heads up, his last visit and post was 1/6 /09.
I hope he clears this up soon, I was looking at some early A body parts for my valiant as soon as this new year started.

If you sent him the payment via the US postal service mail and he was going to ship you the parts using the same (USPS) then you should report it to the US Postal Inspector. IF someone defrauds someone else using the USPS mail then theyhave committed "Postal Fraud" which is a federal offense.

I am not sure how much they can do for you , but had to mention this once to a guy on ebay , and he quickly sent me the money he owed me. If I remember it was a guy how payed me for an item using Paypal, then his paypal account was shut downmy paypal and they removed his payment from my account after I had sent the stuff to him. Paypal said they could do nothing for me, but since I sent the item using USPS I could contact the postal inspector. I mentioned this to the other person (scam artist!) and he paid me within a few hours, I guess having the federal government investigate his littel scam was not worth $90!!

Good luck getting something out of him,

Bob

Forgive me if this has been covered, but have we considered a minimum post requirement before being able to sell, as a precautionary measure? I frequent other sites, that require 50-100 good posts, (Not "nice car") stuff, that somewhat validates the person as a member, to lessen stuff like this....?

<<Flame suit on>>

I have delt with Ryan before with nothing bad to say about it. Shipping was a little on the steep side and took a while because he lives in a weird shipping area (UPS) but other than that we were both happy with the deal.
I hope you can get this settled.

Hi, this is Ryan. Wayne bought a pair of kick panels off me and when I recieved the check, I waited for it to clear my bank. And then I shipped the kick panels out. He didn't recieve anything and I figured that the post office lost the package. I had no tracking # on the package as the Post Office tracking have never worked for me. So I told Wayne I would refund him back his money. I mailed out a USPS Money Order for 36.00 over 2 weeks ago and apparently he hasn't recieved anythinging what I can do about him not recieiving the Money Order. If nothing, I will mail another one out and send it First Class, as my rep. is worth more too me. Thanks,

-Ryan

Forgive me if this has been covered, but have we considered a minimum post requirement before being able to sell, as a precautionary measure? I frequent other sites, that require 50-100 good posts, (Not "nice car") stuff, that somewhat validates the person as a member, to lessen stuff like this....?

<<Flame suit on>>
72demon 340 has 195 post's and is on line know.
I hope things get straitened out soon , This site douse not deserve bad feed back.

Hi, this is Ryan. Wayne bought a pair of kick panels off me and when I recieved the check, I waited for it to clear my bank. And then I shipped the kick panels out. He didn't recieve anything and I figured that the post office lost the package. I had no tracking # on the package as the Post Office tracking have never worked for me. So I told Wayne I would refund him back his money. I mailed out a USPS Money Order for 36.00 over 2 weeks ago and apparently he hasn't recieved anythinging what I can do about him not recieiving the Money Order. If nothing, I will mail another one out and send it First Class, as my rep. is worth more too me. Thanks,

-Ryan
Thank you for jumping in 72Demon_340 :cheers:
You should be able to go to the USPS and see where it went and if it has been cashed and where at. before you send another 36.00 money order.

I ship the stuff I sell with UPS with insurance so if it gets lost no one loses.

I am pretty sure a postal money order can be canceled if you saved you receipt.

yep , they can tell if it's been cashed and will put a stop on it and then refund the money , but maybe not right away .

I know I should have put insurance on it, but I have never had any problems with lost or damage items ever. So thats my fault.

35 dollar part UPS first $100 is FREE and it has FREE TRACKING . as long as it's under 100 and not packed by a UPS Store they will just pay the claim .

the bad is they ppay the shipper so if he is making excuses and such to be gin with GOOD LUCK getting refunded .

Whatever. I tried to keep this between me and you. I have been more than patient. I have received nothing but excuses. When, and IF I get my refund, I'll retract every drop of my bad feedback. If your postal service lost both the kick panels and a money order then they have some serious problems!

35 dollar part UPS first $100 is FREE and it has FREE TRACKING . as long as it's under 100 and not packed by a UPS Store they will just pay the claim .

the bad is they ppay the shipper so if he is making excuses and such to be gin with GOOD LUCK getting refunded .

They were shipped USPS.

I will be going to the Post Office today and checking on the Money Order as I still have the recipt. Yes Wayne, you have been very patient, and I have always kept in contact with you. I will get this settled, I don't want no hard feelings.

I ship the stuff I sell with UPS with insurance so if it gets lost no one loses.
Off topic - UPS is no better - just ask Mrmopartech. I sent him a set of Crane rockers, shafts, and push rods via UPS and had sufficient insurance. well, after a few weeks of limbo, the package was returned to me minus the shafts, most of the rockers, and just about all the shafts. i called UPS and submitted the claim. I had to re-ship the package for inspection at UPS. Then, after another 2 weeks, they called em and said they were denying the claim, and I would recieve no credit even though I paid extra for the insurance. After a heated argument over the phone, they finaly decided to make good on the claim. Then I had to wait another week for the claim papers that need to be filled out. Then I had to complete a package with photos, reciepts, etc. and send it to them for final approval. They finally send a reimbursement check to me after a few months. meanwhile, MrMopartech waited patiently for his refund. Bottom line, is that UPS, or USPS - they're always looking to screw you. the insurance is not a garauntee that you'll get squat back from any shipper.

In regard to Ryan - I have done business w/ him before w/ no problems. Although, the OP definetly has a legitimate beef - Looks like Ryan's willing to make good and hopefully rectify the issue.

I had no tracking # on the package as the Post Office tracking have never worked for me. -Ryan

Anything with a Delivery Confirmation, insurance, certified, registered, etc is scanned in at the receiving Post Office unit, at major hubs along the way, at the final destination post office and then again when it's delivered. Just did an online tracking of a package mailed from CA to here in VA and it showed all those steps, including when I scanned it received (I work part-time as a rural carrier and was working the day it came in - my maillady gave it to me and I scanned it delivered). Now if the mail carrier inadvertently delivers to the wrong address . . . . .

As far as the USPS tracking is concerned, I don't like it. Sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. In the past I've had a package delivered to me, actually holding it in my hands, & the USPS tracking site says the item hasn't entered their system yet! And I have a PO box, so I have to actually go to the Post Office to get it.

Anything with a Delivery Confirmation, insurance, certified, registered, etc is scanned in at the receiving Post Office unit, at major hubs along the way, at the final destination post office and then again when it's delivered. Just did an online tracking of a package mailed from CA to here in VA and it showed all those steps, including when I scanned it received (I work part-time as a rural carrier and was working the day it came in - my maillady gave it to me and I scanned it delivered). Now if the mail carrier inadvertently delivers to the wrong address . . . . .
Not trying to take sides, but I can definetly vouch for Ryan in regard to the USPS tracking system - or lack there of. EVERY time I've send or recieved a package via USPS, the tracking number doesn;t work. You may have a tracking number - but when you enter it, in my experience, it NEVER shows the tracking, but instead usually has some message about no updated info available or something to that effect. now UPS and Fedex have excellent tracking systems.

Not trying to take sides, but I can definetly vouch for Ryan in regard to the USPS tracking system - or lack there of. EVERY time I've send or recieved a package via USPS, the tracking number doesn;t work. You may have a tracking number - but when you enter it, in my experience, it NEVER shows the tracking, but instead usually has some message about no updated info available or something to that effect. now UPS and Fedex have excellent tracking systems.

Exactly every time I put delivery confirmation on something shipped USPS, it always says tracking for this item is unavaliable. And then weeks later it might say delivered, but not always.

I went to the post office today and explained to them that I mailed a Money Order out over 2 weeks ago going to SC and that it was recieved. Since I had my recipt they were able to track that it hasn't been cashed. So they canceled the original Money Order and I was issued a new one. It was mailed today at 1:30 and Wayne should hopefully have it in just a couple of days. I am also offering to go to a junkyard and try to find a nice set of Blk. kick panels and send them to Wayne free of charge to show my appoligy for this messed up situation. Hope there are no hard feelings.

-Ryan

Don't know if communication was the issue to begin with - but your'e definitely making it right for Weezer.

-
Back