BAD Guy Alert

-

MikeStahl

Reaction score
Not a member here that I know of but know that lots of us look at Rjunk for parts too...Name IS Travis Taylor, King George VA
Here's how it goes...I answer a add on Rjunk selling headers for a big block 2 1/8th hedman hustlers. Great!! that's what I'm looking for...look decent in pic I give him a call....and first Question was r u sure there 2 1/8th as they looked like 2's he says yes and ask about condition....ok we come to an agreement I send the money personal ck...all is good....get the headers first thing I see is a 1/4 inch hole in # 1 tube guess must be temp sensor hole ...email him telling him this while not a huge deal and can live with would have been nice to know says he is sorry and forgot....next look more start to notice tube size....grab calipers sure enough 2" next email telling him this is kinda a deal and what we can do?

here's the email

I am sorry if they are 2 inch. I was told they were 2 1/8th by brother who does all my work. I'm just the driver. I talked to him yesterday. He said the original set we got with the car were 2 1/8th and when we got these newer ones it picked the car up. I thought they were the same. Sorry if I was wrong.

Haven't heard back since my reply

Travis,

Whats up....you don't think it's any big deal that the headers r only 2" and NOT the 2 1/8th that you said they were

Mike

If anyone knows him...pls tell him if there's something he wants to do

Mike

Just the driver bullshit, as he is the seller if you sent the check made out to him.
Also, you talked to HIM and HIM told you the wrong specs. :)
That sucks but it's also a deal breaker, and he should refund your money.

The hole would even piss me off if it wasn't told up front.

Rjunk?

Who is this? I'm guessing racingjunk.com

lol Just heard from him....now he's trying to tell me how fast he is when he ran them...WHO F*$$# cares I have 2's...and paid for 2 1/8th

he forgot idiot driver!!!!

He should take them back or at least partial refund. I doubt he will I mean he is just a driver.

Well ok LOOK. Some guys really ARE this stupid. You can EASILY get AFU with tube size, here's an example:

In the HVAC/ refrigeration "end" of things, copper tube is normally measured in OD. But in "plumbing" AKA PLUMBING, copper is called out as to "nominal" ID

This can cause all sorts of excitement when looking for fittings or tube, especially if someone is out, and you call someone, or get a "junior" salesman who doesn't know "who you are" and what you usually buy.

You order one size (OD) and he's thinkin' plumbing / (ID) You drive, what, 5, 10 miles out of your way to pick this stuff up and IT'S WRONG, and worse, the joint ain't 'ha got what it be thet U be lookin' FER, either.

He should take them back or at least partial refund. I doubt he will I mean he is just a driver.

h36A5D647

I have given him that as a option or of course refund....but hell he said he was sorry....:angryfir:

But i'm sure as long as he's sorry his mommy said he's a good boy

Personal ck

Report it to his local PD as a fraudulent scheme if he doesn't straighten up.

This really works sometimes.

But i'm sure as long as he's sorry his mommy said he's a good boy

Uhhhh...yeah, I was wondering about that. I sure hope "sorry" isn't supposed to be his final words on this!? BTW, I would've kinda flipped out about the 1/4" hole he didn't mention too, unless the headers were a serious "steal" on the price!

vert...i believe it will be the last sorry i Hear and it was a good deal before the BS

Beast....excellent idea :idea1:

-
Back