bad guy alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
no he never did anything of the sort to me...i was interested in buying one of his cars, and later some other parts, and he was honest and helpful with my requests and tried quite a bit to work things to a reasonable level for me.....seemed like an honest guy who loves the hobby like all of us...cant se him trying to shaft anybody on purpose

I have an extra set of shock plates but no u-bolts if you are interested, moparman1. They are not blasted yet but i could do that on saturday and get them out before the post office closes if you still need them. PM me with your address if you are still in need and I'll get the ball rolling. Geof

I have an extra set of shock plates but no u-bolts if you are interested, moparman1. They are not blasted yet but i could do that on saturday and get them out before the post office closes if you still need them. PM me with your address if you are still in need and I'll get the ball rolling. Geof

:notworth::drinkers:

The ones that Memike offered will work get em to get it rolling, Then mabey he'll make good on the other ones there's a big difference in the 7 1/4 and the 8 3/4 .Someone that sells parts should be able to tell by the eye Hope it works out

Pm me where they need to go and I will get them out to you.
or just let me know here on this thread.
Bed time for me , So keep me updated.

over and out for tonight.

YOU MEAN MIKE OUT OF NEW YORK??????

IF SO;

Bull ****, I don't by it. Give Mike a chance. He has done a way many guys here a great service. He is not mistake free but has allways corrected himself and in a timely fashion.

I'm stickin up for Mike from Northen New York.

I got shafted once with 7 1/4 shock plates from e-fag. Got no satisfaction out of that one but it happens a lot.

Give him a break then go ape-chit if he's out to screw ya.

IF SO;

Bull ****, I don't by it. Give Mike a chance. He has done a way many guys here a great service. He is not mistake free but has allways corrected himself and in a timely fashion.

I to have had good deals with mike!!
I have a set, so send me your address I'll send you them and when you and mike get things worked out you can send them back
stan

I feel like time is all that Mike from Northen New York needs.
I hope we hear from him so we can clear this up.
I smash the heck out of my thumb today, I just hope he is ok.

Sorry to hear about the thumb Mike. Drink a fifth and call me in the morning. Dr's orders :-D

I've dealt with him, myself. And he was great the whole way. I do hope this whole thing was just some kind of misunderstanding. I'd give dusterdood the benefit of the doubt...

Did you contact him first before posting this?

I sure hope so....

no i figured he would come up with a b.s. story and I.am too pissed off at the moment. he knows what he did.

??? Take a breath......

Moparman1 you need to dump your pm mail To full!

Agree.....He's probably tried to contact you.....

Ridiculous from the posts I've read from seller......#-o

I have not purchased or dealt with this member, but c'mon communicate before you post this stuff !

Patience is INDEED a virtue....

no i figured he would come up with a b.s. story and I.am too pissed off at the moment. he knows what he did.

Mike has a good reputation on this board for a few yrs so why would you automatically figure he'd come up with a b.s. story?? What makes you think he knows what he did? He should have gotten it right but he's only human and I'm sure makes mistakes just like you and I do.

IF SO;

How about a note in the classified stickies to try to work things out privately first before publicly announcing a bad deal. Should be common knowledge and etiquette like on eBay but maybe it will help.

Just reiterating other people's sentiments ... give him time to respond so it can hopefully be worked out. This way, neither of you will feel the need to get in little jabs in the future when someone else brings a topic like this up. It sounds like there are a few folks here that are willing to help out right away to get your car rolling so you don't have to deal with parking abatement. Good luck!

First off, I don't get E-mail notification here anymore, and I've talked to the Mods about it. They think it's something to do with my server. Also, posting this before contacting me is BS. You have little credability here, as you are new, and I know for a FACT that what I sent you was my last pair of 3" axle tube shock plates off my 1968 300 I parted out last spring. (Pharmboy got the modern master and adapter.) There was no mention of U-bolt, as they were from 1968, and I had to cut them off. Let's see, you paid $20 ($10 to ship them), and new U-bolts would cost $16. Hmm....
My work lets me use the UPS computer to ship my stuff, and it comes up shipped from the shipper. So what! I'm the guy you have the contact info for, I'm not using two names.
I told my brother he could have parts off it for his '67 Polara, and one of the things we talked about was his stripped out shock mount on the one side of his car, so when I told him they were sold, he threw a fit. He's my blood, so I told you you would get your money back. Then we thought about how it would make me look being you already sent the money. You got the parts.
I did nothing here, and if you actually send me back my parts, you'll get every bit of your money back. Posting a thread here proves what kind of internet douche you are. Never contact me again.
PS: you send me some 7 1/4 axle plates, and you'll get nothing. Don't be an *** here. Your reputation is on the line here as well.

I wanted to drive home the point. I know 3" axle tube shock plates. I don't have anything here from a 7 1/4" axle. Last one I had I threw in the dumpster at work in the late '90s. You send me back MY plates, and you'll get all you're money back. I'll eat the shipping costs.

How about someone post the dimensions of the U-bolt holes, and we clear this up before you actually send me back the right parts. I took these off a pre '73 8 3/4 axle. (My '68 300) They will work with 8 1/4, 8 3/4, and probablly 9 1/4 axles. As long as you don't have the '73-up iso mount type car. I have no others lying around to measure. Someone help us out here, I know what these are.

3 inch u-bolts need a 3 inch centered hole.

The used plates I have here, are 3" where the u-bolts go thru,
and 3 1/2" side to side center to center.

Pics below.

How about someone post the dimensions of the U-bolt holes, and we clear this up before you actually send me back the right parts. I took these off a pre '73 8 3/4 axle. (My '68 300) They will work with 8 1/4, 8 3/4, and probablly 9 1/4 axles. As long as you don't have the '73-up iso mount type car. I have no others lying around to measure. Someone help us out here, I know what these are.

100_0622 (Medium).jpg

100_0623 (Medium).jpg

100_0624 (Medium).jpg

FWIW, if you are trying to get the car up and running you can use 7.25 shock plates. You just need to elongate the holes by 1/4" and they will fit fine and u-bolts are as easy as the nearest NAPA.

I elongated the holes in my shock plates about 40k miles ago and have never looked back.

Sorry to hear about the thumb Mike. Drink a fifth and call me in the morning. Dr's orders :-D
The thumb is doing better this morning Dr, Its a little blue and swelled up a bit.
But like everything ells it will heal up just fine:-D

Send me a bill :toothy10:

Good morning all :cheers:

FWIW, if you are trying to get the car up and running you can use 7.25 shock plates. You just need to elongate the holes by 1/4" and they will fit fine and u-bolts are as easy as the nearest NAPA.

I elongated the holes in my shock plates about 40k miles ago and have never looked back.

yeah that might just work for now. got to get code enforcement off my back, mayor running for another term. trying to clean up the town, making it look good for himself. what they wont do to get elected.

More than anything I want this resolved. If I actually sent you something you can't use, send them back, and you'll get your $ back. Check these measurements, and then post a picture if what I sent you is different. We'll go from there. Anyone here can feel free to E-mail me at;
[email protected]
My reputation here is something I value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back