Bad news & good news - engineering drawings on my site

-

Alaskan_TA

Reaction score
On the 28th of this month, the engineering drawings at this link will be going away;

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/photos-engineeringDrawingsMenu.shtml

One of the Chrysler LLC employees that works in Chrysler Brand Protection has notified me that these drawings are copyrighted and owned by Chrysler LLC. He has asked me to remove them from my site before the 29th of this month, and I have told him that I will comply.

Several people have worked very hard to scan these and make them available for all to see, I was quite happy to provide a venue for that. I mentioned to him that I would hate to see these "go away" forever, so I offered to send him all the scans I have of them if they could be hosted on the Chrysler Heritage website.

His response;

"Thank you for the offer to provide us copies of the prints although it will not be necessary."

This is where the good new comes in! This is another direct quote from him;

"To give you more insight, the reason for my request is that the Chrysler Heritage website is preparing to display these on their site (I don't have timing)."

I of course have asked for more details. I am sincerely hoping that they have other drawings that we did not have on the HH site. Time will tell of course, but I sure hope so!

I have asked him to keep me in the loop and let me know when the engineering drawings on their site go live. I will post an update when one is available.

Barry Washington

If you want these images to remain available online, simply link to them from a free image hosting site like flickr instead of hosting them from your site.

If worse comes to worse, I can host them on my site.

Well, that would still be in violation of copyright laws.

If Chrysler LLC does what he told me that are going to do, they will be back better than ever. They have originals to scan, I had scans of copies.

I am hoping that they also have them for other makes / models / years that I did not have.

If so, once they get their collection online, the quality will be better and hopefully the content will cover a whole lot more.

Their drawings, their site, our cars, what could be better than that?

Barry

well either way, you offer something that is priceless. i have used your website for awhile now and think its great that you do this. keep on doing what you can.

btw, what was the last day of production in hamtramck in 68'? do you have the last sequence # of that car?

I don't understand why they would give you a hard time in the first place. I understand the copyright thing, but these are 35 year old cars we are talking about, not models that are still in production.
I am glad that they are going to have them on a site somewhere but sometimes common sense just does not apply in this world.

Jack

Thats a shame, Leave it to Chrysler to kick the hobbiest in the nuts again.

What is wrong with this company ? They dont want to give there enthusiast any support. Take a look at the Mopar Performance catalog, Nothing in it anymore and what they do have is over priced. Anyone see the new Hemi intake ? Its a nice piece, But $900 for a single 4bbl intake ?

I just learned about your website, and apparently a little too late. I recently purchased a 72 Demon 340 and while the car is complete and numbers matching, I do not have a fender tag, nor can I locate a build sheet. Someone told me about your site and said that you may be able to help me get these. Do you offer these services (any longer)? If so, is the VIN number enough info to get what I am looking for?

Barry may have some paper work on the car. You should still be able to check that on his site. He doesnt make build sheets or fender tags though.

Right click, copy, paste. Right click, copy, paste. Right click, copy, paste. I think you all get the idea. :pirate:

You weren't being sarcastic toward Ma Mopar were you Joe? :)

not at all.. just calling it as i see it..

they are greedy a-holes that don't care about our older cars... anti enthusiast i tell you...

and i'll bet you will have to pay for those engineering pictures when chrysler puts them on their site....

i really hate chrysler these days.. they do nothing for me to like them... they have put so many lil guys out of business in the last few years....

I snagged them. 135 images total, comes out to about a 24Mb tar.gz file. If anyone wants them I'll send them out from an anonymous email account.

Screw the lawyers, let 'em try to find me.

I snagged them. 135 images total, comes out to about a 24Mb tar.gz file. If anyone wants them I'll send them out from an anonymous email account.

Screw the lawyers, let 'em try to find me.
That's all of them. The engineeringDrawings folder holds 270 (w/thumbnails).

Same offer. Same attitude.

hey barry it almost sounds like to me that they are trying to shut you down. first the drawings then the rest of the content at a later date.....i checked their site out. they need to add something on there. it is pretty usless! yours site rules!!!!

-
Back