Bad parking jobs?

-

jtolbert

Reaction score
Anyone else take pics of these? Today's winner was laughable, not dangerous...

bad-parking-01.jpg

This is how we spell "Dickhead" in Coeur d' Alene. Not only can they not park their oversized, overlength, overweight whaling vessel, they impinged in a handicapped spot. I believe this vehicle is registered to "Captain Oblivious."

5155523939_fdbf1075f6_z.jpg

This is how we spell "Dickhead" in Coeur d' Alene. Not only can they not park their oversized, overlength, overweight whaling vessel, they impinged in a handicapped spot. I believe this vehicle is registered to "Captain Oblivious."

5155523939_fdbf1075f6_z.jpg
Probably one of those tiny soccer moms that has to stand up to turn the steering wheel. They're usually the ones that drive the biggest SUVS.

Thats nothing. In Grande Prairie its so bad they've made a facebook page( if you have facebook if its worth checking it out). Laughed pretty hard looking at some of the jobs people did parking on there.

I don't take pictures but really irritates me when people can't park right. Same people slam their doors into yours also.

Two days after final assembly on this car-

Scamp%20finished%2002.jpg

...some girl in an AutoZone parking lot backed her brother's Silverado into it. I saw it happen from the checkout line, dropped everything and bolted outside.

She got out, I looked at the car, looked at the truck and she was freaked. She was on her way to work at a grocery store and wasn't used to driving it.

The funny part about it is that the gigantic chrome bumper on that truck went into the left rear corner of the bumper on the Scamp and did NOTHING to the Scamp. Alignment, gapping, light, bolts, brackets, chrome... NOTHING was damaged, but it left a gigantic dent in the bumper on her brother's truck.

I offered to exchange insurance and contact information, but she said that if I was ok with the no damage present the my car, that she would just explain to her brother what had happened. I agreed, but I got a witness/ worker's phone number and wrote it on the calendar, in case she or her brother tried to come back on me.

NEVER park your classic car in a busy auto parts store parking lot. If you have to, park it on the side, by the fleet vehicles, so if it does get bonked, the store has to pay you.

Since then, I have boycotted Wal-Mart, Walgreens, certain gas stations and going to the grocery store during typical business hours in the car.

DaveBonds: My dad did that to me in his Suburban. We have kind of a steep driveway on top of a hill and when it gets icy you have to work up a decent amount of speed to get up into it. He gave it a little too much gas, and slide right into my driver's tail light. Surprisingly it only cracked the housing and he had this big ol 6 inch dent in his bumper. He owes me a set of tail light housings though...

have done a couple of bad park jobs myself, am ashamed to admit it. I am really surprised that despite the fact that I regularly park my cuda in the middle of a busy grocery store parking lot (my job) it's only gotten 1 dent, and that's right on the wheel well lip on the pass side. I don't park way away from people, I get right into the thick of things. It might be because everyone there has seen the car there all the time they assume someone who works there owns it and treat it with respect. I do get quite a few people asking about it when it's there. Since I usually park right in front of the window of my department I can keep an eye on it which means that if a customer that admired the car before coming in goes by me I ask if they liked it. Usually many of the older guys (60+) look surprised that a 21 year old owns the car. :D

-
Back