Bad Seller Blues

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
So i'm not gonna name names as of yet but I'm a little perturbed by another FABO member. I was set on buying a set of buckets with tracks, full payment made, and I didn't even talk him down on the price. I guess I should of expected this though considering he posted these up before and renegged on them then. Before I sent payment I made a point to talk to him on the phone and make sure he really wanted to sell them this time. He was dead set on selling them as the money was desperately needed for land improvement. After 10 days I realized I haven't heard from him nor was the items on my door step yet. I messaged him today asking "whats going on." I was sent this back:

"go on Paypal"

So I did and got this:

"Sorry I had to refund all my sales back from Paypal on Fabo. Wife just told me she wants a divorce so i'm gonna hold off on this in case of legal issues. Hope you understand."

Now keep in mind the refund was sent on May 10th. I'm just finding out about the refund today? I also noticed he had a more recent post selling more stuff?????

This sounds fishy to me. Plus, people going through devorces usually try to sell anything and everything for cash so there's less to split. I got my best deals from people going through divorces.

If he really is going through a divorce then I appologize deaply for posting this but I think most would agree this is weird. I honestly feel like there's some sort of insider buying going on or he didn't want to deal with shipping them and sold them locally.

What do you think?

maybe decided to not part out the car after all ...was a really too decent of a car to part out.

as long as you got your money back .......i would just move on

that was really shady on the sellers part but there are members who got taken for big money.

if i was you, i would be angry but happy at least that the money came back.

it happens, people change their minds or get offered more money to skip over people, not saying this is the case , at least you got your money back , it could have been worse...

I sent him $50.00 for a part, and then I got a PM that he needed to send my money back also.His feedback is 100% also.I think will send it back we will have to just wait and see.

Jim

Wate a min here so there are 2 for yall ? Keep us updated if you get your money back if you do then no need for names i think

Sounds like a shi**y deal. But Rani is right about moving on.

If this is the seller I am thinking of he has pulled the plug before on his sales because his wife wanted him to keep the car. Women can make you do strange things.

Oh believe me, I am moving on. I'm just confused because he says he doesn't want to sell anything due to potential issues with a divorce that hasn't even been officially put in motion., but then is still actively posting stuff up for sale? I honestly think he either, A) keeps getting the jitters when its time to pull the trigger, or B) found a buyer willing to spend more on the item. It's just unethical if that's the case.

But the worse of it all is that I had a set of very comfy fully powered Infiniti buckets i was originally gonna put in the car that I had sold to a friend. Now I have nothing to put in the car! I guess i'll be using a milk crate until I can find some buckets.

Assclown should make up his mind. I have had stuff listed for sale where other members had offered more $$ but I stuck to my orig lower price.

when I seen the thread, I thought it was going to be another one of those threads about getting took for money by a member. But I am glad to see that you atleast got a refund.

All I can say is....the guy might be being honest about the situation....for all you know him and the wife are co owners of the car and if he were to sell parts from the car with a divorce looming in the air.....that could really screw him legally if the wife pitched a fit over it in court. Which could be his reasoning for backing out.

or like mentioned...he may have found the hassels involved with shipping.....I shipped a bench seat once which was alot of work, alot of running around, alot of custom box making, I had to deliver it to grey hound for shipment. wasnt super cheap,and I had to do alot of back and forth phone calls. But I made decent money on the seat and I am a man of my word so I carried the burden to make sure that both myself and the buyer had as good as an experience as possible out of the deal.

also as mentioned...could be a short term loan thing....never know. guy might have had an electric bill due and was inbetween checks...."sold" some stuff....paid the bill, then when his paycheck arrived he refunded the "purchaser/loaner".

I wouldnt put to much thought into it though. you got your money back....now go on the hunt for another set. They can be found for a good deal if your patient enough.

a couple of years ago I picked up a set of black leather power bucket seats out of a 2009 accura tl type S. Got them ffrom a guy who worked on the assembly line and grabbed a few sets that had minor defects that they were not going to put in the cars. I got the set for $80.00!.

good luck on the search and glad to hear it wasnt a completely sour deal for ya

These "bad seller" threads I thought were supposed to be about damage. What damage was incurred as long as everybody gets their money back? Life happens. People change their minds. People get divorced. If you get your money back, you've incurred no damage. So what's the beef? Why is he a bad seller? Because he's backed out of sales before? They must have gotten their money back because I see no bad seller threads from them. To meet the definition of bad seller to me, someone has to take your money for nothing or send you some misrepresented bullshit. Has that happened here? Threads like this one will have people on here not wanting to do business with anybody for fear they will get their name dragged through the mud for nothing. If you got your money back, that's what you did. Dragged the guy's name through the mud for nothing.

Yes his name is not mentioned, but not hard to find out. It took me about one minute. So not saying his name does NOT stop people from finding out who he is, then the damage is done.

Yep; Bad news travels fast but good news travels at a snails pace.

Yes his name is not mentioned, but not hard to find out. It took me about one minute. So not saying his name does NOT stop people from finding out who he is, then the damage is done.

Exactly. It's for this very reason that Ebay has made it more difficult to leave negative feedback. Although I hate the fact that Ebay is so buyer friendly and seller useless, I think their policy about leaving negative feedback is good. You should exhaust every avenue before a bad review on someone......and this should not even be here if the seller has refunded the money he was paid, IMO. This thread should be removed because no damage was incurred. This was wrong.

Things happen, why complain as long as you got your cash back. Yeah it would stink to not get what you paid for, but again, you got your cash back.

I never saw mention of his name.

Beat me to it. Did not take much detective work to figure it out. Some of these boo-hoo threads are comical. Folks are doing business over the internet with folks they know damn near nothing about, what do you expect to happen? If you think that every one on this planet is completely honest I would suggest you stop chugging the bong water.....or perhaps crawl out from under the rock you are living under.....

I agree with Rob, you got your money back, where is the issue? Guy changed his mind SO WHAT. If he is getting divorced it is nobody business buy his own. Perhaps he should start a thread bashing the OP of this one for talking about his personal business??

Some of us take people at their word. Period. There are certainly moments when a person cannot fulfill an obligation, but people on top of their game can see these coming. If your word has no value than you are useless...or bad...or whatever. None of us would shop in a store that did this. Matter of fact some would be trying to sue them. Do we have different standards for private entities? Do I constantly have to make concessions for other peoples faults?

Exactly. It's for this very reason that Ebay has made it more difficult to leave negative feedback. Although I hate the fact that Ebay is so buyer friendly and seller useless, I think their policy about leaving negative feedback is good. You should exhaust every avenue before a bad review on someone......and this should not even be here if the seller has refunded the money he was paid, IMO. This thread should be removed because no damage was incurred. This was wrong.

X2

Darryl

Some of us take people at their word. Period. There are certainly moments when a person cannot fulfill an obligation, but people on top of their game can see these coming. If your word has no value than you are useless...or bad...or whatever. None of us would shop in a store that did this. Matter of fact some would be trying to sue them. Do we have different standards for private entities? Do I constantly have to make concessions for other peoples faults?

To compare a private individual to a place of business is pretty far out there if you ask me.

Threads like this are the very reason why I will never sell any of the un-needed parts I have in the garage.....

To compare a private individual to a place of business is pretty far out there if you ask me.

Threads like this are the very reason why I will never sell any of the un-needed parts I have in the garage.....

So we do have different standards. No wonder I am always at odds. From what I can gather, the seller was selling numerous items. I think that would qualify as a place of business.

One thing for sure. You are right about selling stuff. This thing works both ways, and I have a bunch of stuff, I would rather give away then sell, 'cause it is such a pain.

Quick story. I had a house on the market. I told the realtor exactly what I wanted, or no sale. A few mornings later, my wife and I were talking and decided that it would be nuts to sell our house. We decided when we got home we would call the realtor, and let her know. When we got home she called us and said some people offered us every penny. I was out in a month. I am a private entity. It just seemed proper to do the right thing, even though it really pained me.

Places of business sell things all of the time that they do not have in stock. I've placed orders with Summit before for a backordered item, in fact, I have a backorder with them right now. I have had refunds from places of business in the past because they could not get what I ordered. So, make the comparison to a business all you want, it happens there as well. And you're talking about suing people? You know nothing about the law. Lawsuits are all about damage. If there's no damage incurred, no wrong has been done. That's like sayin the grocery store ain't got what you want in stock and you're gonna sue um because of it. How the hell stupid does that sound?

Sue sue sue.....and get a worthless piece of paper called a Judgement.....now go collect on that.....Again,the very reason I will never sell none of my un-needed parts.....give them away, yes, sell never. Magnumdust, please do not compare you & I. You are no doubt a very outstanding individual, one I would sit down and share a meal with. Problem is you probably live by the morals of society.....I don't.......

Places of business sell things all of the time that they do not have in stock. I've placed orders with Summit before for a backordered item, in fact, I have a backorder with them right now. I have had refunds from places of business in the past because they could not get what I ordered. So, make the comparison to a business all you want, it happens there as well. And you're talking about suing people? You know nothing about the law. Lawsuits are all about damage. If there's no damage incurred, no wrong has been done. That's like sayin the grocery store ain't got what you want in stock and you're gonna sue um because of it. How the hell stupid does that sound?

A business not having the item to sell is understandable. Plus usually they will ship when it becomes available. This guy had the items in his possession and then reneged on the sale. I have received 3 messages from other members that have had the same deal with him and two of them still have yet to get their money back. yes I was fortunate to get my money back but your failing to see the problem.

I did lose out here. yes I got my refund but I got rid of the original seats I had to make room for these. Now I HAVE NOTHING!!!!!! I think I have a right to be a little PO'ed

Lastly, like I said before in the OP, I am deeply sorry if it is true that he is going through a divorce. It just seems a little fishy the way the deal fell through considering all the variables and evidence.

-
Back