Bad wreck during Street Outlaws filming

-
The telephone polls are killer's....
I good point that I have said for years. Why do the DOT's order planting of trees along highways? Light poles along super highways are designed to break upon impact, trees are not. I have always recalled an old saying "speed kills". I guess it is the thrill of danger that keeps us all going. Just don't involve anyone that is not part of it. Hope all a speedy recovery!!!!

I good point that I have said for years. Why do the DOT's order planting of trees along highways? Light poles along super highways are designed to break upon impact, trees are not. I have always recalled an old saying "speed kills". I guess it is the thrill of danger that keeps us all going. Just don't involve anyone that is not part of it. Hope all a speedy recovery!!!!

Yeah, they look great and all, but cause lots of damage when close to the roads when speed limit is higher. I love driving backroads where it’s secluded but people just need to mainly drive safe. I don’t really watch this show much anymore but it seems like there are way more crashes than when it first started...maybe the viewers like the extra action? Pretty neat to see what people can push their cars to do on the street like that but it can be very dangerous

Crazy thing is JJs Hummingbird is already repaired good enough to get back out on the street. Saw 2 videos on youtube yesterday. It's not pretty, but it starts and drives. They did quick body work repairs on the roof and quarters, and hung a different front fenders and hood on it. Replaced the windows. Apparently the frame didn't suffer much if any damage. After seeing the pictures immediately after the accident I would have thought that car would be laid up for months.
JJ has second degree burns on his hands which are still bandaged, and his face got a little torched from him wearing an open face helmet.
Tricia has a broken hip, and as bad as that is I would have expected far worse given the severity of the impact with the other vehicle. I don't think Zip Tie will get repaired anytime soon, if at all.

These cars should be limited to DOT tires and motor only no power adders. The problem is they are going to fast on the streets now with obstacles with horse power that should be on the track with guard rails like NPK. Some of the locations they race at are just plain stupid.

Could you see trees, poles and cars along a drag strips.

Ins. companies should pull any liability, health and life ins. from all these people racing on the show . And the crowds on start lines is even more dangerous. Wonder what parts would do if coming out at some of the RPM's they're turning

I use to like "Pinks All Out"

These cars should be limited to DOT tires and motor only no power adders. The problem is they are going to fast on the streets now with obstacles with horse power that should be on the track with guard rails like NPK. Some of the locations they race at are just plain stupid.

Could you see trees, poles and cars along a drag strips.

Ins. companies should pull any liability, health and life ins. from all these people racing on the show . And the crowds on start lines is even more dangerous. Wonder what parts would do if coming out at some of the RPM's they're turning

I use to like "Pinks All Out"

yes, pinks all out was much better

A9275A94-8C44-4029-A520-CA19AB8767A3.jpeg
510D52B1-C748-4955-92BA-B76D082BB201.jpeg
3DAE20F0-4547-409F-9FA6-234776CAB1B8.jpeg
99FC25A2-009A-4286-8B82-0E8C3A21618D.jpeg
69DF9120-498C-47F0-B7FE-EA789CDD2523.jpeg

JJ said he ran a 4.60 and that Tricia had a tenth on him when the accident happened. Didn't know they have timers for the street races.

JJ said he ran a 4.60 and that Tricia had a tenth on him when the accident happened. Didn't know they have timers for the street races.

Their data loggers tell them all that information. That’s why it’s silly to no post the times on scoreboards. You have the record of your data logger so you can see what the other cars numbers are, or at least get pretty close. The only ones who lose out are the spectators. There isn’t one guy out there who doesn’t know what the other guy is capable of within .010 in most cases.

Data loggers and G Force meters figure that all out for them..............even tho JJ plays it of that, that thats what the other cats have and he is Pure STREET.:usflag::lol:

Their data loggers tell them all that information. That’s why it’s silly to no post the times on scoreboards. You have the record of your data logger so you can see what the other cars numbers are, or at least get pretty close. The only ones who lose out are the spectators. There isn’t one guy out there who doesn’t know what the other guy is capable of within .010 in most cases.
Data loggers are voodoo magic to me. Same with delay boxes..but then I've never taken the time to understand how they work or how to use them.

true but it comes down to tune. Do you push the road and try to run 4.20 or play it safe and run a 4.32. JJ up till last year was way underpowered compared to the other guys so he made the rules work to his advantage. Let the guys race off on good roads then take them to the piss poor roads when you have to run him. Now he’s in the race from the beginning instead of just the final so that doesn’t come into play.

Not sure what you are trying to say. Can you explain this better.
If you have fast twitch muscles you have quicker reaction, basketball players, boxers.. slow twitch muscles more long distance type runner and endurance types. Reason some 6’ guys can dunk and other 6’ guys can’t. The ‘box’ allows you to adjust for the two types. Say you cutting .04 lights no matter how fast you release the button, take .030 delay out of box. If red lighting add to box, the whole purpose of the ‘box’, no matter what bulb you leave off of. Equals the playing field

If you have fast twitch muscles you have quicker reaction, basketball players, boxers.. slow twitch muscles more long distance type runner and endurance types. Reason some 6’ guys can dunk and other 6’ guys can’t. The ‘box’ allows you to adjust for the two types. Say you cutting .04 lights no matter how fast you release the button, take .030 delay out of box. If red lighting add to box, the whole purpose of the ‘box’, no matter what bulb you leave off of. Equals the playing field

Lol thanks I’ve had my laugh for the day. Not to sound like a know it all but a transbrake (no box) racer adjusts too, at least you better. Smaller or bigger front tired, shock settings, weight, gear ratio, blinders, deep stage shallow stage, count bulbs, watch bulbs, staging rpm, long throw buttons, short buttons, sunglasses, no sunglasses, and progress a dozen more I didn’t list.

Lol thanks I’ve had my laugh for the day. Not to sound like a know it all but a transbrake (no box) racer adjusts too, at least you better. Smaller or bigger front tired, shock settings, weight, gear ratio, blinders, deep stage shallow stage, count bulbs, watch bulbs, staging rpm, long throw buttons, short buttons, sunglasses, no sunglasses, and progress a dozen more I didn’t list.
Box just makes it easier and does it quicker without having to go to all that trouble. But class racers can only do what you said. Before laughing to much look up fast twitch muscles

Box just makes it easier and does it quicker without having to go to all that trouble. But class racers can only do what you said. Before laughing to much look up fast twitch muscles

No I’m good. Do some research on how many footbrake racers have won “high dollar” box races. You may be surprised.

-
Back