Bad year for snakes

-
All the rat snakes we've seen this year have been 5-7 feet long. And like you said, those suckers are thick!!

They freak my wife out bad!!!

It measured 9ft 1", and I swear the black rat snakes head was in the weeds before his tail came out of the brush pile at the north end before the fire got there.

All the rat snakes we've seen this year have been 5-7 feet long. And like you said, those suckers are thick!!

They freak my wife out bad!!!

It amazed the h--- out of me, good thing, cause I had a loaded pistol w/ me, I might have killed it out of stupidity, not knowing what it was at the time! Was the biggest snake I`ve ever seen loose, his girth was bigger than a softball !

I`d like to know where this snake hell on earth is and if their venomous?
Hearing of copper heads on the news a lot here lately, a guy had his little girl bitten by one, he found 17 of them. Hope they stay somewhere else ! The big rat snake I was referring to was outside Collinsville , Ok. Haven`t seen it since.

Hearing of copper heads on the news a lot here lately, a guy had his little girl bitten by one, he found 17 of them. Hope they stay somewhere else ! The big rat snake I was referring to was outside Collinsville , Ok. Haven`t seen it since.

BUT, I did stay in a holiday inn last night !

My son got another one earlier this week. - near Pittsburgh. He has worked in a butcher shop for a few years. said it was the strangest thing he ever skinned. Tried to wrap around his arm when he gutted it. :eek:

6A5C8049-6DD9-4F96-8F60-92AB19CD6596.jpeg

560BB701-41E6-4F30-B8E5-ACEC48C54642.jpeg

Boy he got a hell of a lot closer than I would to that thing. Garter Snakes creep me out although I had a " fight " with a 6 foot Bull Snake one time.

97EA0659-6BEF-4B07-B02D-26E16FBCEA86.jpeg
Another one tonight, this makes six, 4 1/2 feet biggest one this year. This is after I got him out of the garage. Neighbor has him now.

My father in law used to work construction and one day he killed some big ol snake they found on the jobsite. Figured he’d play a joke on the new guy by throwing the snake at him while he was running a dozer. Turns out new guy was scared to death of snakes and freaked out. Next morning new guy was waiting for him at the jobsite with a 4ft length of 5/16 chain.
Nobody played jokes on new guy ever again.

-
Back