Badfish

-

chriswright03

Reaction score
Howdy y'all! I just got my first Cuda yesterday, and I'm very excited about the build. She's a '67 with a 340 under the hood. It's clearly not the factory engine since the 340 wasn't offered in '67. I'll post pictures when I can, but for now I need a favor. I need a rear end for this car like people in hell need ice water. Does anyone know where I can find one near Houston, Texas? It came with an 8 3/4 and I would like to find one similar to it, but I'll take what I can get. Having said that, I've found an abundance of Jeep Cherokee rear ends. What are your thoughts about using one of them?

Welcome from Conroe. My racecar partner has an A body 8 3/4 housing "only". If you are interested, PM me.

Thank you everyone. There is a wealth of information here, and everyone has been very friendly so far.

I`m not near houston, but have an 8 3/4 out of a 68 form S , complete, 3:91 track lok, cleaned , checked , painted ready to go back in. I pulled it back out due to high h.p. on new motor, went w/ dana 60 (expensive).
has small bolt pattern axles "was going to l.b.p. axles-so they are not in it, but come w/ it.
10 x 2" drum brakes, in a box, will need rebuilt; comes w/ two 14x6 alum. centerlines, been glass beaded and look better than new. this appears to be in excellant shape.will work w/ stock, or 3/4" offset spring hangars if you need a little more tire clearance. tulsa, area. can send pics to your cell phone or email them to your e-mail address will drive part way to meet you, or ship.
my dana 60 is heavier, and it cost about $160 to ship about the same distance.---------------------bob:coffee2:

Chris -
A little delayed, but welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to like it here.
Post some pics of your "new" ride when you get the chance.

-
Back