-
Status
Not open for further replies.

pettybludart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Does anybody have an old junk pair of MT valve covers?I need the baffles from them.After getting mine back from Leanna(Cudachick)I noticed no baffles on them.(can,t remember if they were on or not?)Anyways,I had made my own to keep oil from splashing out into my evac system.So if anybody has any of these,please PM me.Thanks.

Scott,

The baffles are nothing more than flat stock with a couple of bends running length wise above and below the whole.

I'll see if I have some, they would be simple to whip up with nothing more than a saw and vise.

Rob

Hi Rob,I made some up with some sheetmetal,drilled a couple holes(was pretty simple)but am noticing oil in my evac hoses.Maybe I didn,t make bends,maybe too small?Eitherway,could you check to see if there,s any type of blockage(bends)to keep oil from splashing up?Thanks,I,d appreaciate it.

Does anybody have an old junk pair of MT valve covers?I need the baffles from them.After getting mine back from Leanna(Cudachick)I noticed no baffles on them.(can,t remember if they were on or not?)Anyways,I had made my own to keep oil from splashing out into my evac system.So if anybody has any of these,please PM me.Thanks.

They weren't on when they got here Scott. If they were, I'd have cleaned them up, put them in a baggie with your screws and sent them home. :-D (I don't re-install them for liability reasons.) Here's a couple of your 'before' pics.

I've got a of BB M/Ts stashed away to fix/flip later but can't recall if they had baffles or not. I'll look.

Thanks for responding Leanna,I couldn,t remember if they had the baffles or not?I know if they did you would,ve sent back with the covers.I had made some plates to block oil from splashing out back when I got them back.Since I,ve been under the car with tranny issues,I noticed oil sitting in my evac-hoses.Hope this is normal?

I thought the bends ran lengthwise, they are vertical

340build001.jpg

340build002.jpg

If you want larger images, I can e-mail them.

Thanks Rob,guess I need to take mine back off and modify them,thanks for taking the time to get the pics for me.I guess those exta bevelled edges will help with the splashing at higher RPM,s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back