Balancer Question

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
OK, I have this flexplate, and I need a new balancer that won't break the bank.

This is the flexplate I have:

View attachment flex.jpg

This is a balancer I found:

View attachment $_1.JPG

109.00 bucks on flee bay.

Has anyone used this by chance?

Would you trust it?

I'm trying to stay within a certain budget on this build. I don't necessarily want cheap, but something affordable. The ones I have looked at on Summit's site are beyond my budget constraints right now.

If anyone knows of another one that is comparable in price to the one above, OR if anyone has one they want to part with, please let me know.

Does it have a SFI cert. If not and your not going to race it and keep it under 5000k RPM you SHOULD be ok

It'll be fine. Put a couple of drops of red Locktite on the bolts holdin the counterweight on and have at it.

Does everything have to be SFI certified to run at the track, I'm thinking no, but what do I know.

Depends on what class you run in , just regular runs no classifications don't think you need it .at least I've never had trouble and I run almost every week

Does everything have to be SFI certified to run at the track, I'm thinking no, but what do I know.

Balancer needs to be SFI if you run faster then 10.99 in 1/4 for general bracket racing....And I have never been asked for sfi certification card that comes with a SFI balancer..

Mega Mopar event in Bakersfield asked what brand the balancers were...

I have that one on my 360. Professional Products balancer. Have used this on friends Chevy builds MANY times so far so good.

My bottom end= 10/10 factory 360 crank, .030 KB107's, Eagle H-beams, file fit rings, Professional Products damper and B&M 360 flexplate. The damper comes with weights for neutral, 360la and Magnum 360. My combo balanced very easily with this set up. In fact my machinist eneded up using the magnum weight for this combo. (whittled a bit)

SFI blah blah blah. I wonder how many stone stock 340 balancers were spun to 8K plus back in the day and held up just fine. Unless you're gonna race the thing every weekend, use whichever one you can afford.

Yeah, I'm not hung up on the SFI if I don't fall into that category, which it appears I won't. I just want one that has the incremental timing marks. Only reason I ended up with that flexplate is I bought it on here for a deal, keeping in line with my budget minded build.

It's refreshing to know that a couple people that responded have used the particular one I looked at with no issues.

Could I buy the 300 dollar balancer, sure, do I want to, heck no. Especially when it's not needed.

I have a few more pieces to collect and I can put it together. I still need to buy all of the components for the 904 build and get a torque converter.

The one I use/posted has the timing marks , and it's been used by the shop that built my engine 100.s of times never had a problem . Just listen to RRR .

OK, I have this flexplate, and I need a new balancer that won't break the bank.

This is the flexplate I have:

View attachment 1714777431

This is a balancer I found:

View attachment 1714777432

109.00 bucks on flee bay.

Has anyone used this by chance?

Would you trust it?

I'm trying to stay within a certain budget on this build. I don't necessarily want cheap, but something affordable. The ones I have looked at on Summit's site are beyond my budget constraints right now.

If anyone knows of another one that is comparable in price to the one above, OR if anyone has one they want to part with, please let me know.

If thats a powerforce balancer then I am using exactly the same as you on my 408 Magnum and the same flexplate and convertor with no weights. My engine not running yet but my brother uses this same one on his 340 and regularly revs his to 6000RPM No problems.

Sounds like you wont be thrown off of a track for not having a SFI. It's got to be good or they would not be building it. I agree with RRR, Go for it and have some fun!!

Bruce, that is the same balancer I am going to put on Tylers car when the cam goes in. I have researched these and that to me is the best bang for the buck.

-
Back