-
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebearded1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a bendix stromberg carb and the throttle lever has a 1/4" ball riveted to the throttle lever. Does anyone know where I can find the socket end to fit onto this ball for a throttle cable? Preferably one that has set screws to attach the end to a cable.

Thanks
Gene

i understand how that one is! No problem. I tried looking online for one but could only find complete sets where the ball threads in. Not sure if i can pop the threaded ball out of these. I was really surprised McMaster Carr didn't have it, they usually have eveyrhting.

Have you looked at the Lokar ones? Not sure what size the ball and socket are on but they do have the set screw for the cable

and the throttle lever won't come off easy so it would be difficult to reach to grind it off. There has to be an option that will work. Hopefully Lokar will get back to me answering my question

IMG_20221210_190914958.jpg

99.9% of the ones I have seen pop off.

Also McMaster Carr has all kinds of ball studs and sockets etc

Screenshot_20221210-171520.png

Last edited:
I got this from a friend of mine. Not sure of the application but it may work for you. The cable measures just about 22" long. Perhaps you can cut off the pedal end ball thingy and crimp on a new end then thread it into your original cable housing.

Ken
Edison, NJ

IMG_5023.jpg

I got this from a friend of mine. Not sure of the application but it may work for you. The cable measures just about 22" long. Perhaps you can cut off the pedal end ball thingy and crimp on a new end then thread it into your original cable housing.

Ken
Edison, NJ

View attachment 1716020956
Thanks but i ordered the lokar one to try out. I'd hate to risk my crimp coming off while going down the road or in a race. I need to see how easy it is or isn't going to be to shorten the housing

I can certainly understand uneasiness with the crimp coming off. Definitely could be a problem. Lokar makes some good stuff so you shouldn't have any problem using their parts.

and the throttle lever won't come off easy so it would be difficult to reach to grind it off. There has to be an option that will work. Hopefully Lokar will get back to me answering my question

View attachment 1716020709
Call me crazy but doesn't that whole Arm come out if you remove the cotter pin and then spin the arm and pull it down
I noticed it last night I just didn't think to say anything it was late and I was in the middle of packing my car stuff

I noticed it last night I just didn't think to say anything it was late and I was in the middle of packing my car stuff
the cotter pin is just holding the accelerator pump rod. the throttle lever bracket won't rotate unless i pull the throttle blades too. The throttle lever bracket is not removable from the throttle shaft. I will have to rivet on another piece of metal for the kickdown arm. I could try and make the metal piece taller to also incorporate the throttle cable connection too if needed.

the cotter pin is just holding the accelerator pump rod. the throttle lever bracket won't rotate unless i pull the throttle blades too. The throttle lever bracket is not removable from the throttle shaft. I will have to rivet on another piece of metal for the kickdown arm. I could try and make the metal piece taller to also incorporate the throttle cable connection too if needed.
Ok, cool Man! Looks like you're cooking with Crisco outside the box already! And that, Brother Beard, is a good thing! I wasn't trying to lead you the wrong way, I was just looking at it from what it looked like in the picture ( ask my Ex Bout that) lol , sorry for the cheep humor! Now where did my Lil (cheep, cheep) fuzzys go? And that concludes Irons stand-up comedian act for the night... PS, if you found that out of context, or in TOO CHEAP, humor I'll delete it as fast as you tell me to!

Looks like the lokar part should work, the socket is removable from the ball. Part should be here this week. Now onto making the bracket. Going to need to get creative with the slant six mounting options.

I will mark this thread as found if the lokar part works out

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back