Ball Joints

-
Good question. Most of these parts have become "Chineseoed" The correct answer "might" be NOS from places like ebay

We use various manufacturer for our front end parts. As you know that we carry parts for more than just Mopars. The manufactures are both state side(in the USA) as well as over seas. In fact some of our overseas manufacturers are the same ones that TRW, Moog and other larger companies use. I also want to point out that the answer above is a very stereo-typical ("Chineseoed") response about overseas manufacturing not all of it is done in China nor is the quality all junk, we have items made in other areas such as Turkey. In fact some of the overseas manufacturers have far better quality control standards and precision. Regardless of where the parts are made PST carries the same lifetime limited warranty that we have for the last 30 years for as long as you own you vehicle.

Thanks
James

I just bought all Moog Pro quality parts for my 68 GTS. Every piece has the box marked as made in the USA. Since I was in the Auto Parts Distribution business as an owner for more than 30 yrs, I am confident that they are good quality. That being said, Moog and TRW and many others also source parts made (overseas) for their respective Low Line or less expensive line of product. All these quality and price differences occurred in the 90's, when the manufacturers and warehouse distributors wanted to sell more product by bypassing the traditional chain of distribution. Namely Independent Jobber Parts Stores. To compete with manufacturers selling USA Moog direct, jobbers and independents started selling offshore products to compete on price. These days almost every parts vendor gives you a choice of high end quality and low end quality. All equating to how much you want to pay. Hope all that makes sense.

the answer above is a very stereo-typical ("Chineseoed") response

What you say may be true

All I can say is "my experience." I should not have to go into a parts store and use a crowbar and a shotgun to get quality parts out of the guy behind the counter. I've had a fair amount of bad luck lately, with some parts INCLUDING NAPA.

Leaking around here somewhere is a guy with a 440 conversion who is "going through" Moog idler arms. He sawed one open and it has PLASTIC bushings which are melting, evidently.

By the way, you are talking to a guy who in a "previous life" sold auto, truck parts and heavy hardware in two different stores for over 15 years up into the middle 80's

Last Moog ties and ball joints I bought from Amazon were marked USA.
I'll order poly front end parts from wherever.
But I generally like to order my hard parts from a local parts supplier so if they send junk from the warehouse, it's easy to say no thank you and let them keep them or try again.
Been down that road a few times.

What you say may be true

All I can say is "my experience." I should not have to go into a parts store and use a crowbar and a shotgun to get quality parts out of the guy behind the counter. I've had a fair amount of bad luck lately, with some parts INCLUDING NAPA.

Leaking around here somewhere is a guy with a 440 conversion who is "going through" Moog idler arms. He sawed one open and it has PLASTIC bushings which are melting, evidently.

By the way, you are talking to a guy who in a "previous life" sold auto, truck parts and heavy hardware in two different stores for over 15 years up into the middle 80's

I am not questioning your knowledge, back round, or previous experience. But I am just stating that it was a very stereo typical statement. Not all parts from overseas are bad. The overseas manufacturers have come a very long way from twenty years ago. We sell both products made here such as our tubular arms, torsion bars, adjustable strut rods and many others(meaning certain part#s for ball joints and tie rod ends). But in the same turn we have others made over seas. Many of our suppliers we have worked with for 20+ years and we qc all products prior to approving. We have had a proven track record of providing quality parts.

Thanks
James

-
Back