Ballast resistor fried?

-

crabillac

Reaction score
How can you test a ballast resistor to find out whether it is good or fried? Is it just a matter of checking continuity from one connector to the other?

How can you test a ballast resistor to find out whether it is good or fried? Is it just a matter of checking continuity from one connector to the other?
Yessir, or just remove the one bolt in it and look at the backside. Most of them burn out the back.

Thanks! Now how do I tell if my ECU is good? What should the pins read out on a 4 pin orange (6000 RPM) unit? I am pretty sure that I accidently fried mine when I shorted a wire while testing rogue wires with the ignition switch turned on. My pin to ground readings are zero, including the pin which is ground. They were (if I remember correctly) something like 13 V, and 6.4 when new. Thanks again!

Your car won't start if your ballast resistor is fried. you would have to jump from the battery to your igniton coil to start it. ECU, an o'riellys can test. I'm not really sure on the procedure. But your car would run awful if it was bad.

-
Back