ballast resistor plugs

-

chrgrmke

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the plugs for a dual ballast resistor? My originals are crumbling and my searches on the net are not turning anything up, I'm not sure what they are called to even do a good enough search, I know they make them for the new harnesses you can buy but I don't want to spend a bunch of money for a whole harness for 2plugs or go to the junkyard for more old ones any help would be appreciated.

I would put a "want" here on FABO. "Ballast resistor connectors". Also, you don't have to live with spliced pigtails. Those connector bodies use what is known as "Packard 56" terminals. Here's at least one place to get them:

These might be for larger wire than you need but you can use these, esp if you solder them

Electrical Terminal 14-12 Gauge 1/4'' Female

The other thing is, there are very few ECUs that are electrically 5 pin, which must use a 4 terminal ballast. If you can determine that your ECU is electrically 4 pin (it might HAVE 5 physical pins) you only need a two terminal ballast

I have some in nice condition with a couple of inches of wire on them if you have to have stock plugs.
Since there is no indication of where you are you will very likely get some closer responses than from AZ.
Around here they generally go in the trash. :D

I have some in nice condition with a couple of inches of wire on them if you have to have stock plugs.
Since there is no indication of where you are you will very likely get some closer responses than from AZ.
Around here they generally go in the trash. :D

I live in Arkansas I have rewired the truck I'm working on I don't even need the wire I just need the plastic plug housing to put the new female terminals into.

I would put a "want" here on FABO. "Ballast resistor connectors". Also, you don't have to live with spliced pigtails. Those connector bodies use what is known as "Packard 56" terminals. Here's at least one place to get them:

I have a bunch of those already I just need the plastic part to put those in. My truck uses a 5 pin ecu with a dual ballast.
These might be for larger wire than you need but you can use these, esp if you solder them

Electrical Terminal 14-12 Gauge 1/4'' Female

The other thing is, there are very few ECUs that are electrically 5 pin, which must use a 4 terminal ballast. If you can determine that your ECU is electrically 4 pin (it might HAVE 5 physical pins) you only need a two terminal ballast

-
Back