BAM SOLID ROLERS FOR BB

-

wedgehead

Reaction score
Which way does the link bar point. Towards the cylinders are to the cam side. There is the oil pressure hole to feed the axel under pressure only on the link bar side of the lifter. If they are installed with the link bar towards the cam then the oiling holes wont be on the lifter oiling galley to feed the axel. There is interference with the bar to block if they are installed on the cylinder side , but thats where the oiling hole is. anybody ran into something like this.

Well just got information saying there is another small hole hard to see lower on the lifter that feeds the axel. Ill be checking into that this afternoon. Thanks guys

If you post a picture I might be able to help. Do these lifters pushrod oil? If so then the hole that feeds the pushrods should pull oil from the side clearance not the gallery. The side clearance acts as a restriction to keep from flooding the top of the engine. The small hole that feeds the oil to roller should come from the gallery. Typically there is a band on the lifter and then the small hole (or holes) are in the band. The band fills up with high pressure from the gallery. You just have to double check that the band is always exposed to the gallery. Sometimes if the lift is high or if the base circle is small then the band will get cut off from the gallery and you might have oiling issues.

No they are solid push rods Andy , Brad at BAM Lifters said there is a smaller hole in the groove that feeds the axel. I just didnt see last night when I was mocking up the heads to check for how mush oil the restrictors I installed in the Deck will allow up to the valve train. thanks

No they are solid push rods Andy , Brad at BAM Lifters said there is a smaller hole in the groove that feeds the axel. I just didnt see last night when I was mocking up the heads to check for how mush oil the restrictors I installed in the Deck will allow up to the valve train. thanks
we used to run the link bars toward the cyl side of the block on the hemi. it won`t go that way on the 440/505 I have now. also read where hughs engines say to put them toward the cam. jfyi

-
Back