Bands gone bad...

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
OK, great participation on bands that suck! How about bands that were great when they started then got soft, or bad, or just flipped and are now not even close? Id go with:
Moody Blues. Old stuff was fun, new stuff belongs on easy listening stations or elevators.
Styx : that band lost their grit.
Jefferson airplane, then the very gradual slide down to Jefferson starship, then just bad Starship.
Ministry...some remember them for synth pop 80's then something happened in the 90's and they went off the deep end and now yell out of a megaphone from a steel cage.

Rage Against the Machine after Zach de La Rocha lead singer left. Now called prphets of rage. Suck big time!!!:BangHead:

OK, great participation on bands that suck! How about bands that were great when they started then got soft, or bad, or just flipped and are now not even close? Id go with:
Moody Blues. Old stuff was fun, new stuff belongs on easy listening stations or elevators.
Jefferson airplane, then the very gradual slide down to Jefferson starship, then just bad Starship.
Ministry...some remember them for synth pop 80's then something happened in the 90's and they went off the deep end and now yell out of a megaphone from a steel cage.
I’ve seen the Moody Blues perform live three times within the last 10 years. They play their old stuff every time. They know what their fans want to hear. Yea, their newer stuff is soft.

Its better to burn out than to fade away. Def Leppard, Aerosmith. Gun-n-Roses, Metallica, Van Halen, Foghat, BOC, Ozzy, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Motley Crue, KISS. Truth, almost any old school rock band they are just getting older..... and a lot of the newer stuff just sucks. I do still like Black Label Society though, formed in 1998.

I'll get flamed,
But OK, I'll play.

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac ...Nope

Bob Welch's Fleetwood Mac....Good....... a nice female voice with a simple hottie.

2475cf3a1611438da2b8e5305b3546a6.jpg

Stevie Nicks' Fleetwood Mac......Annoying nasal commercial tedious band.

01-stevie-nicks-boho.jpg

Metallica.

I may get flamed. Anything after 1990.

The is always one exception, S&M.

In my opinion just about the entire rock genre has gone bad.
Trying to find good rock with a good beat is almost impossible any more.

Fleetwood Mac. I saw them about five years ago, it was hands down the worst concert ever. A bunch of comatose zombies phoning it in for the paycheck. Off key, screechy, and wearing cement shoes.

My favorite band of all time, The Who.
The rhythm section has been dead for years, the guitarist is deaf, and the lead singer's voice is shot. More than fifty years ago they sang "I hope I die before I get old." Yet they're still touring.
I prefer to remember them as they were.

Pishta
Funny you say Styx, because that was my first thought.
Their early songs were great, and then they took a dive with the Mr. Roboto era. The band hated the direction Dennis DeYong was taking them, with the Kilroy album.
Fast forward to last weekend, when my wife and went to see Styx at a small theater close to home. On their encore they brought down the house with guess what song ?
You guessed it, Mr. To Roboto...Lol
Funny how times change.

Easy look at my Avatar. Kiss my favorite band. Haven't had a good album since '83. And there end of the Road tour give me a break. I wouldn't waste my money.

Doobie Brothers was a great band until Michael McDonald took over. It sucked big time then.
Hate Kiss...worst band ever but better than Springstein.

Pishta
Funny you say Styx, because that was my first thought.
Their early songs were great, and then they took a dive with the Mr. Roboto era. The band hated the direction Dennis DeYong was taking them, with the Kilroy album.
Fast forward to last weekend, when my wife and went to see Styx at a small theater close to home. On their encore they brought down the house with guess what song ?
You guessed it, Mr. To Roboto...Lol
Funny how times change.
Judas Priest got the biggest applaud for "Turbo Lover"...Jeez. Hey, it may have been their highest ranking song, but not their best.

My favorite band of all time, The Who.
The rhythm section has been dead for years, the guitarist is deaf, and the lead singer's voice is shot. More than fifty years ago they sang "I hope I die before I get old." Yet they're still touring.
I prefer to remember them as they were.

About 10 years ago I actually ran into Rodger Daultry at Sunshine's Bar in Nevis. (my favorite band back in the day )Talked for maybe 5 mins. didn't act like a dickhead . Said he winters down there on his sailboat. That's about my Rock High light. LOL Saw Mick Fleetwood in Maui at his restaurant in Lahaina.

-
Back