Banning Pit Bulls and Rotties

-
Please watch this video. Merlin was one these neglected dogs. The soundtrack kicks *** too!

Im sure your merlin is in better hands now with you- those who are cruel to animals deserve to rot...if they really ban pitbulls and rotties thats just sooo stupid...i hate it here in ontario, canada with the pitbull ban...its the owners not the dogs, and the worst are these stupid gangsters who just buy pitbulls, dont give them any attention, train em to be aggressive and voila the problem occurs....everyone is so against pitbulls, but i love them....just the other day i was pretty much cuddling with my friends full grown pit harley...what a sweetheart that dog was...the owners need to be trained more than the dogs....the dogs are misunderstood, and its funny- ive met more little muts who are physco, bite and bark at everything and then compared to my uncle's 200lb rotty who is the best behaved goofball in the world, its just sad people label a breed as dangerous when they really have their eyes shut

Im sure your merlin is in better hands now with you- those who are cruel to animals deserve to rot...if they really ban pitbulls and rotties thats just sooo stupid...i hate it here in ontario, canada with the pitbull ban...its the owners not the dogs, and the worst are these stupid gangsters who just buy pitbulls, dont give them any attention, train em to be aggressive and voila the problem occurs....everyone is so against pitbulls, but i love them....just the other day i was pretty much cuddling with my friends full grown pit harley...what a sweetheart that dog was...the owners need to be trained more than the dogs....the dogs are misunderstood, and its funny- ive met more little muts who are physco, bite and bark at everything and then compared to my uncle's 200lb rotty who is the best behaved goofball in the world, its just sad people label a breed as dangerous when they really have their eyes shut

10-4 my friend! Gangster mfs, and their "Sports Heros" have damn near made these dogs illegal, not to mention what they have to do to make these dogs mean. Aholes. Exactly Shred! You are far more mature than your years when you say "They just have their eyes shut". That takes introspection as well as extropection. This is rare. Keep going along the line you are and you be fine. If anybody has a problem with that, tell them Ramcharger has your back. :snakeman:

I love dogs! Wrong place to debate this. And thats what I think!

Now, who was debating and why wouldn't this be the right place? :) This is a general thread, meaning non-automotive. Please PM me if this is bumming you out. 8) Lots of A-body members have dogs, cats, birds and whatever. Way more than any forum I've joined. :cheers:

we have an american pit bull terrier...black mask...beautiful dog..

she is lying right next to me know..snoring away..and next to her is our other dog...a rat terrier.

daisy the pit bull...also love to play with our two cats...
daisy is about 7 or 8 yrs old...loves to play ball...she has never shown any aggresion...in fact at the vet a couple of months... some people were talking to her...she just rolled over on her back with her feet up in the air...and just laughed about how mean bit bull are...

bad owner make the dogs bad...

she is lying right next to me know..snoring away..and next to her is our other dog...a rat terrier.
Bad owner make the dogs bad...

Exactly! :read2: Beautiful dog too... As you most likely know, dogs talk via body language and she just says "hey, why are pointing this thing in my face?" lol!

Guy's I love dog's and I agree the bad dog owner's have a lot to do with the problems. But what causes pit bulls to not just bite but latch on to something till it's dead. This new's story and video is very disturbing.

http://www.katu.com/news/35562294.html

Its a built in defense mechanism like aligators have.
I have had Pit Bulls for many years also have a 5 year old daughter and there best buddies hell she talks to him reads to him and bitches at him. He has never been agressive except at night when the lights are out you better have good reason to be knocking at my door. I guess he feels its his gift back to us, to protect us. My wife was scared to death of dogs now she is happy to have him when im out of town, she says he is totaly different he paces the house all night sleeps all day.

Dan

Thanks Ramcharger, i like to believe i have a better head on my shoulders than most other guys my age who are too busy trying to cause trouble and or just do dumb ****- for goodness sake act your age...As far as the jaw thing goes on pits, i was just reading the other day that bulldogs were bread to bite the nose of bull's when the farmer couldnt bring in a very aggressive bull- it was the dogs job to do this and they were trained to hold on until death...This gene as transferred to pits, and because of this people think they have a locking jaw, but its actually a myth- they just have a shitload of courage loyalty towards their masters commands....i also read somewhere that pits are number 1 for hospital dogs in the states- that should tell the stupid politicians in ontario something as well...

Is this true ramcharger!!:tongue9: This is crazy!! My grandmother owned a rottie and
she and my brother raised him, I would visit and Casy would come over and smell me and let me give grandma a big hug then want to play or just bring his
Frisbee to me, I think its the people not the dog's.
Next thing they will do is ban shepherds and st.Banards.:angry7:
Who put this law in affect ?????? who ever it was needs to get a job:protest:

Having trained working dogs (police) for years & other working-type animals, I can tell you pits are the least of the animal world's problems. Rotties are head strong, but not impossible so I don't see the reason to ban them. If "THE SYSTEM" is that concerned about it, they should require formal training of ANY dog & decrease the owner/licensing fee as the dog gets more proven training. The dog is more reliable, "THE SYSTEM" shows it's doing something, and the owner bonds more with his dog & gets a better animal & saves in licensing fees.........

well.....I will tell you. THANKS ramcharger!!!!! That video is awesome! Some of you new guys may not know that I own 2 pits presently, 1 American PitBull Terrier, and 1 American Staffordshire Terrier. They are rescue dogs from the animal shelter, and I have been rescuing pits for about 13-14 years now. The knuckleheads out here treat these dogs like*&%$. Right now my AmStaff, Cortez is going with a trainer to schools to teach kids about pitbulls. We are going for the "canine good citizen award". It would be a great credential considering hes black and about 90 lbs and intimidating looking.
To EP87, what makes them truly latch on is determination, perserverence, that is built into their genes. If you met mine you would see the "good" side of these breeds.

hollycortez1.JPG

seeing this thread makes me one want sooo bad now....cant wait till i get my own place lol

I adopted my Pitt Bull from the SPCA 12 years ago. She's strong like a tractor and as smart as a fence post. Having said that she has the best disposition of any dog I have ever had. She's been great with my kids and puts up with anything. I've never seen another dog who lets them play in her food while she eats. I was leery of the breed when I was thinking about adopting her a did the research. She may only be around for another year or two at her age and it will be a sad day when she goes. I get so sick of the mindless media trying to sell a story every time there is an attack. The problem with this breed is the idiots who own them because they want a tough dog. Mine is a four legged baby sitter now but when she was younger we would do 20 Km mountain bike races together. They are super athletic and are a good dog if your active. Even a 12 she thinks she can play like a puppy but pays for it the next day. They should jail the retards that abuse them to be mean.

IMG_0132.jpg

Good video and great tunes but I had to look away when it got to the abused parts, that just rips me up. Where I live they've been going after the owners when something bad happens, they're starting to sue them, charge them, etc. I have friends that had or have both breeds and they are great, loving, gentle dogs but with the wrong owner it's another story.

I don't care what ya say,i would'nt leave my kids alone with 1 of those dogs,why take a chance dogs are replaceable kids are not.

I don't care what ya say,i would'nt leave my kids alone with 1 of those dogs,why take a chance dogs are replaceable kids are not.

Do the research and it may change your opinion. They are right at the bottom when it comes to reports of attacks on people. The toy breeds like springer spaniels and dalmatians are the worst. Granted when the do bite someone the do a ton of damage. The reason the bull dog breads are such good family dogs is they are loyal to a fault. Another reason is that they have a monster tolerance for pain and kids like to poke dogs in the eyes, pull their ears among other things. I once caught my three year old jumping off the coffee table onto my sleeping dog. She went flying when the dog sprang up and then got licked to death because she was crying. Its all in the owner. Remember their is no news in the truth and no truth in the news.

Ive got a 8month old pit that we got from my brother in law. She is the runt and is a very sweet dog. We took her to save her from possibly being abused. We know both her parents and her mother is probably the smartest dog ive ever seen, probably smarter than alot of people. She will walk right next to you without a leash and you wont have any problems with her at all. Once my brother in law brought her over to our house and she was playing with my other dog and he ran away from our yard and my brother in law told his pit to go bring him back. She ran after him knocked him down and laid on him until we went and got them. She didn't hurt him at all. Its all in how you raise them. My pit is very happy and full of energy, will lick you to death. We have to kids and have know problems at all with her, but we also teach our kids about how to respect any dog. Don't play with there food , stay out of there faces things like that. I tell them that about our other dog too, that's just common sence. Were very proud to own our pit and she is a very beautiful dog. The only one she plays the least bit rough with is me, and im the one she is most loving to also. Its stupid to ban these dogs!

FYI, of the top ten dogs that bite people, Pits were #10...........Golden retrievers were #1., Cocker Spaniels, Irish Setters, Chihuahuas, were also listed as more of a biter than Pits. Please read into these dogs before you slam them. My past one Ginger, would protect every child she was around, infants as well...she would check on them, lick their face and then sit down in front of them. A stranger going near those kids was in for TROUBLE. At only 52 lbs, she had put fear into weightlifting thugs out here. Last year she succumbed to her cancer.
I have articles I could forward you....or pick up a copy of "Bully Breeds" magazine at your local pet store. They were the common household dog back in the early 1900's...very good with people. The reason they can get out of hand with the wrong person, is that they are LOYAL to their master/pack leader, and would do anything that person wants if it pleases them.

For the member that says he would not leave his kids alone with the dog breads mentioned,I have a question: How old are your kids and if they are young,why are you leaving them alone to begin with.If they are older,and you been doing your job,you would have trained the dog at a proper school and the trained your self and the family.The breed can be agressive,that is for sure,the question for the dumb *** people is why are they.Answer,PEOPLE have taken a breed and made them aggressive,thus you have the problem,train a animal to attach and its pupps to do the same,you get a aggressive breed.If you do not allow this type of training,and go in the opposite direction,and stop any type of habits from starting,you get a great family pet.Case in piont,my mopar freind with a 440 6 pack challenger,had a rotty,110lbs of fear licking dog,thats right,this thing could lick the label off of a beer bottle or lick the clothes off of you.The first though in this dogs mind is run and play with kids,people,or the cat,as long as the cat does not have claws.I was more worried about his cat that was a nut case to begin with,and would scratch at you and hiss,and was more of a attact cat than the dog,how would gladly show the break in theif where the cash and jewels where,the cat I would worry about,big time.This is also on the same level as guns,guns do not kill people,the PEOPLE holding and pulling the trigger kill people.The gun does not get up on its own and load itself or piont it at any one does it.So for the PEOPLE with there heads in there butts,wake up,smell the coffey and get a clean fresh breath of air and rethink your statements.One would also have enough brains to turn on the telly,and watch the (Dog Whisperer) thats on the national geographic network for the ones that do not know how to look in the TV guide,and watch the lad do magic with over the top dogs that owners can,t control,you just might get a touch of why animals get the way they are.Mrmopartech

If your child is old enough to be alone, he's old enough to know how to treat animals, so WHATEVER the breed it shouldn't be an issue. As to kids--- I like my dogs better than most people's kids

FYI, of the top ten dogs that bite people, Pits were #10...........Golden retrievers were #1., Cocker Spaniels, Irish Setters, Chihuahuas, were also listed as more of a biter than Pits. Please read into these dogs before you slam them. My past one Ginger, would protect every child she was around, infants as well...she would check on them, lick their face and then sit down in front of them. A stranger going near those kids was in for TROUBLE. At only 52 lbs, she had put fear into weightlifting thugs out here. Last year she succumbed to her cancer.
I have articles I could forward you....or pick up a copy of "Bully Breeds" magazine at your local pet store. They were the common household dog back in the early 1900's...very good with people. The reason they can get out of hand with the wrong person, is that they are LOYAL to their master/pack leader, and would do anything that person wants if it pleases them.

Being number 10 is good considering how many idiots abuse these dogs and make them mean. I've heard that they are injected with steroids and abused so the will pit fight. My old dalmatian was never abused and was a miserable SOB who bit a few people.

people belive what they wanna believe even if its complete bullshit. a dogs behavior reflects big time on the temperment of the owner. if the owner beat the dog or neglected it yes its goin to be pissy because its scared and it doesnt want to be hurt. but if you treat a dog like its sposed to be, like a living creature, it will be peaceful and personable. and protective to you if it needs to be. i had my dog 14 years before he died and NEVER i mean NEVER did he bite or even try to bite anyone. if you respect them they respect you. its so simple. but people get bad ideas cuz there stupid. nice video

-
Back