Barracuda 1965 door water leaking

-

Leos Luis

Reaction score
Can anyone share a picture to confirm if there should be a seal / rubber in the frame of the window door of my 65 cuda?
Water is leaking in that area
Thanks

Barracuda door.png

YES!!!!

It's called a "vent window frame weatherstrip". They are approx. 30 1/2" long and are sold in pairs.

ME-ALP27...$62.00/pair. They are used on all 63-66 A-body 2-door HT/convertible, and 64-65 B-body 2-door HT and convertible cars.

YES!!!!

It's called a "vent window frame weatherstrip". They are approx. 30 1/2" long and are sold in pairs.

ME-ALP27...$62.00/pair. They are used on all 63-66 A-body 2-door HT/convertible, and 64-65 B-body 2-door HT and convertible cars.
You have a great quality too!

Thanks
I will order it now

YES!!!!

On my 64 Savoy POST car, the go along vent are and top of door somewhat. One the Hardtop, I bet goes along vent of that door corner. Common weather strip item for early B bodies.

On my 64 Savoy POST car, the go along vent are and top of door somewhat. One the Hardtop, I bet goes along vent of that door corner. Common weather strip item for early B bodies.
Yes, I've got the weather strips, but they taper and not sure which way they go. Photos would be great.

OK, I'm confused. OP asks about possible weatherstripping in the "frame of the window," which I take to be the metal frame on the rear of the window, and which is clearly missing from his window. Then all the responses are talking about the weatherstrip at the front of the vent window frame, which is NOT missing on the OP's car.

Anyway, there is supposed to be a weatherstrip in the metal frame at the rear of the front windows. Looks like this one on my 63 Valiant convertible, which has the same weather strip as my 65 Barracuda. As far as I know the window must be removed to properly install the weatherstrip, which just pushes in.

20220929_210100.jpg

Oops, on second look, I see the arrows pointing at the front seal. At any rate, there should be a weatherstrip at the rear of the window, which looks to be missing unless the OP put it in after the picture was taken.

-
Back