Barracuda 5- speed conversion

-

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
I am thinking about converting my 67 Barracuda 340 car from a 727 to a manual shifted 5-speed.
Is there a overdrive 5-speed trans that will fit without replacing the floor pan tunnel? I know I will need to cut a hole for the shifter but I really dont what to cut out the tunnel and or fire wall. I thought I saw a thread a long time ago that a G-Force T-5 may do the trick?
Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Isn’t there a company, Silver State something or another....

I installed into my ebody the Silver Sports Trannsmission. A41 with over drive. No mods needed other than some massaging of the cowl to floor board seem. I now get 18mpg in place of the 9 with the 727 I had in her.

Must be gold plated for $5475

And you'll die of old age before you get one.

Another option I was looking at was the Muscle Car 5 from McLeod, but no direct fit for Mopar. The Ford may work as that is what they use for the TKO swaps. But you still need to add a a hump.

Dude, you're gonna crap when you see what you have to cut to install a factory manual hump. I know I did. If you can afford one of the Tremec kits out there, go that route and don't look back.
Don't just shop price, though. Look at how complete the kits are, what they include and what they consider as options. Be realistic as to what your fab skills are and understand that you may have to rework some things at times.
A 5 speed is a great upgrade and I'm sure you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

If you car was on TV- they remove the interior, swear a lot, call for the "beer assistant" swear some more and get in there with a plasma and cut out the tunnel.
Build a new tunnel on a $30k roller, get another beer and then get the shop kid to weld it in. And ANY transmission just fits! Then get another beer and swear some more.
Commercial.... next shot they are showing burnout mark in the parking lot...

Just saying.

You're cutting and welding on the tunnel for any manual transmission.

Also if you're spending that much money, you may as well just go straight for the T56 Magnum. I'm doing the conversion now. Of course you may faint when you see what I had to cut, but it will go back together.

-
Back