Barracuda Blues

-

Alan colvin

Reaction score
I have a 1665 Plymouth Barracuda. It is a Valiant and this guy told me that it is not a Barracuda? I'm Confused any help?

Post some photos! I believe that the first generation Barracudas were the fastback version of Valiants, but they are still Barracudas! Welcome!

Also, I would love to see a "1665" Barracuda! Another Chrysler first.

Yeah, it's a Barracuda if it's a fastback(with the huge back window).

Chrysler was racing Ford to get out a "sport" car and just chopped the top off the Valiant and replaced it with the fastback. The rest of the car is the same as the Valiant.

When I go to NAPA I have tell them I have a 66 Plymouth Valiant to get parts. They don't find the 66 Barracuda in their books.

Since they were part of the Valiant line, they were called Valiant Barracuda.

Let see some pics of your Valiant!

They are based on the Valiant. If it's a '65, it should even have the Valiant emblem on the rear window trim, horn, and hubcaps (if you still have the originals).

Big bubble back window??? Barracuda!!
Regular sized back window??? Valiant!

even the second gen 67-69 Barracudas are Valiants , my 69 fastback titles as a Plymouth Valiant Coupe .

The 64 and 65's were called Valiant Barracudas. (because they were built off of the Valiant frame)...

It wasn't until 66 that Chrysler just called them "Barracuda"....

You have a Barracuda....

They are all A-bodies...

On the title and registration of my '65 Barracuda it said "Valiant" and when I got a traffic ticket the officer wrote down "Valiant."

Also when you are searching for (most) parts, look for "Valiant" as well as "Barracuda."

even the second gen 67-69 Barracudas are Valiants , my 69 fastback titles as a Plymouth Valiant Coupe .

Where does it say "Valiant" on the car? Nowhere. Some idiot at the DMV wrote it on the title, that doesn't make it a Valiant. It's a Plymouth Barracuda.

65 - yes. 67 - no.

They are all barracudas. 64-66 the barracuda shared the front end of the valiant. 67-69 the barracuda and valiant split off to different styling. Sharing very little body parts. Both groups are a bodies, however the 64-66 is about 2" smaller between the fram rails. Then in 70-74 the barracuda turned into a E body. Witch also shared body parts with the challenger. In my opinion the 67 and 68 fastback barracuda are the only two years to have. Just because I own them. Hope this helped.

I have had 2 1965 cudas. one was a Plymouth I bought in west Virginia. the other was a valiant. bought in Canada where I live. I believe the difference is that valiant signifies a Canadian car.

In 1970 the duster was called the Valiant Duster, that name valiant just won't go away

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 133
Where does it say "Valiant" on the car? Nowhere. Some idiot at the DMV wrote it on the title, that doesn't make it a Valiant. It's a Plymouth Barracuda.

65 - yes. 67 - no.

No maybe in California but here the dipshits at the DMV don't write anything on the title ,It's all based on the original info provided to the Province by the manufacturer , Chrysler told them it is a Plymouth Valiant Coupe so that is what the title says , as far as they are concerned the term Barracuda for these cars is the same as the term Hurst or Yenko or GT it's badging that isn't on the title of the cars carrying those badges .

To the OP yes they are all Barracudas !

-
Back