Barracuda Chrome Script

-

74ChargerSE

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference in the Barracuda Script chrome that was on the fenders of early Barracudas? Specifically the short-tail vs the longer tail script? I have a long-tail script, but the holes in my 64 fender seem to be different (short-tail script)?

Was there a change-over of script or was it a factory-specific thing?

Man, I've got a '65 and a couple sets of short-tail script. Some have the center screw on the R some on the A some on the other R. Arrrrrggghh!
I changed My Fenders this year and None of My script fit either Fender... I had to Drill both Sides to get My favorite pair on there. (Rant Over)
I think '64 was Long and '65 was Short tho.

Anyone know the difference in the Barracuda Script chrome that was on the fenders of early Barracudas? Specifically the short-tail vs the longer tail script? I have a long-tail script, but the holes in my 64 fender seem to be different (short-tail script)?

Was there a change-over of script or was it a factory-specific thing?
'64 were all long tail AFAIK. Maybe a spill over into early '65, but, I don't recall ever seeing one. I have one '64 emblem. I have to go look at it to see if it's a RH or LH. They were that way through '66. Also, '64 emblems have 4 mounting studs. '66 has 3. I don't remember what '65 has. All three used different part numbers though.

Last edited:
Here's the '64 emblem I have. The casting/part number is 2524888, which makes it a passenger side emblem. It's just a hair shy of 10" long. The tail is over 2" of that. The pins are (L-R) in the B, 2nd R, D, and tail.

64bcudaemblem.jpg

Also, the pins are not all the same on this emblem either. The end two are smaller diameter and use those little barrel clips, where the center two pins are fatter, and use a speed nut. I'll post another photo of anyone really cares! :lol:

-
Back