Barracuda Door Panels

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
My 67 barracuda fastback apparently has 69 doors based on the design of the interior door panels. Looking to buy new door panels and most places sell the set of four. Does anyone know if a set of 67 door panels will fit a 69 door? I noticed that the exterior alignment of the 69 doors does not quite match the 67 body lines, mainly at the top of the door where it lines up with the back window - the 67 body flares outward and upwards a bit there. So I am thinking there were some door changes between 67-69.

Another option would be to buy a set of 69 panels to match the doors as long as the back panels would work.

I cannot imagine the door shell of a '67 Fastback being any different than a '69 Fastback other than the lock button location and the inside vent at the bottom.

It is interesting you mentioned that because it looks to me like the door lock used to be closer to the center of the door. We sanded down for repainting and there is signs of a filled in hole near the center of the door for the lock. Currently the door lock hole is all the way to the side.

It is interesting you mentioned that because it looks to me like the door lock used to be closer to the center of the door. We sanded down for repainting and there is signs of a filled in hole near the center of the door for the lock. Currently the door lock hole is all the way to the side.
Good point. I was going to ask about the lock knob location.

Yes, of the 2nd gen Barracuda's, '69 was the only year that its location interfered with leaning your elbow on top of the door. :BangHead:

Yes, of the 2nd gen Barracuda's, '69 was the only year that its location interfered with leaning your elbow on top of the door. :BangHead:
:lol: It makes you wonder why they changed it.

I could be mistaken but many years ago I thought that I had read it was for ease of locking the door once you were seated in the car, but who knows?
That makes sense. It's also a little more difficult to snag the button with a coat hanger.

I remember reading that the door lock locations changed as head rests became optional/standard equipment- it became too difficult to reach the knob at the rear of the door once head rests were installed.
Probably a combination of factors at play there.

I am thinking of buying the panels from Josh’s Muscle Car Parts. They just popped up with a Google search and seem to have the correct ones. Has anyone here used that company before or recommend another dealer?

Legendary hands down has the best panels, that's where we got them for our 67. 67/68/79 panels will interchange.
The differences(which can add up) are in the guts of the door, as well as the glass.

-
Back