Barracuda Gas Pedal

-

PistolGrip

Reaction score
I'm going to install new carpet in my '66 Barracuda tomorrow (weather permitting). It is a V-8 A/T w console. I was looking at what I need to remove...seats...seat belts...etc., & noticed the gas pedal is attached to and pivots from the floor. I can't crawl under the car where it sits now, so I can't see what is holding it to the floor - if there's a bolt underneath. There is no screw or bolt on the top side. Is the gas pedal removable?.....and if it is, how? Does it snap off if I pry it?
I could GUESS where it goes & cut a slot, but that seems like risky business. Any other Early Barracuda carpet tips? This is my first shot at a Barracuda.
Thanks!

Steering wheel dash after initial clean-up.jpg

Back window out.jpg

engine 224.jpg2.jpg

Here's the firewall of my 66 Dart. I believe the bolt/nut marked is for the accelerator pedal to floorboard attachment. Yours should be similar.

There is a spring clip where it pivots., the pedal will remove from inside

The rubber gas pedal itself is mounted with two nuts underneath the floor boards. If that's what your asking.

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't need to go underneath. There isn't a jack (or stands) where I'm keeping the car - and I'll bet the bolt/s underneath aren't gonna want to give up after all these years, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. First I'll check again for a spring clip on top. I didn't see anything on my first look, but I'll double check.

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't need to go underneath. There isn't a jack (or stands) where I'm keeping the car - and I'll bet the bolt/s underneath aren't gonna want to give up after all these years, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. First I'll check again for a spring clip on top. I didn't see anything on my first look, but I'll double check.
Depends on how your car sit I like my car a little high I can reach under with a 3/8 socket wrench with out jacking up he car.

Had to jack the car up in tight surroundings & the 2 7/16" nuts were just above the exhaust pipe/clamp & under an AT line. The nuts were a ***** to get to, but broke loose easily. Pedal now removed. Now I can get to work! Thanks to all for your input.

Barracuda 2020 carpet rear.jpg

-
Back