barracuda instrument panel

-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
couple of questions.
1. does anyone have a good, clear picture of how the factory finished these? like how the lettering was done, what was black, what was argent, and what was chrome?
2. can someone take a measurement of the center hole from the backside? ive currently got a block off plate and 2 1/16 tach in there, and want to go with a bigger tach. just need to know what size the rear of the hole is so i can find the right one. i "think" its either 2 5/8 or 3 1/4, but its been YEARS since i built that cluster, so i may be a little fuzzy.
3. whats the going rate for just the plastic face, thats either been broken around the radio, or cut for an aftermarket one?

reason im asking is i want to change mine up a little bit. thinking about just starting over with a replacement, but not certain yet.

michael

Yes those 3 years are all pretty much the same. I measured my spare bezel and the inner diameter is 3" for 68-9 cuda. 67 will be the same.

Here is a picture if its any help.

Attachments

• 000_1118 (600 x 400).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 205

You won't be the first. Lol.
I used the Autometer tach too. I detaled the bezel but looking for one in better shape, then I can take my time instead of rushing through this one.
More pics in my build thread of the process.

Attachments

• DSCN1798.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 179
Had to trim a tiny bit at the top of the housing with a file and it slid right in. I just tied the light into the dashlight pin and plugged the harness back in. You will need to fit it for depth and tackweld some tabs (or some type of heavy epoxy) around the tach housing then slide it in from the front of the cluster housing and use the included tach mount and nuts to snug it up tight. Easier to do than it sounds.

You will also need to remove the tach bezel and glass from the new gauge!

like those dash gauge clusters, my 67 barracuda came with the 150 speedo but no tach just a vacuum gauge...guess it was better than being blank or a clock....

center pod diameter in housing is 3 and 5/16 inches. The viewing area through the plastic bezel is 2 and 1/2 inches.

Photos of reoproduction bezels at vendors sites may help with paint details.

-
Back