Barracuda interior colors

-

Ripper

Reaction score
Hi
I have a black 65 Barracuda, black with a gold interior. Can any one tell me what color the headlining should be. When I removed it, it looked like it was gold but under the interior sheet metal the colour was blue. Black gold and blue doesn't seem right.

I'm ordering some new interior bits from legendary and don't want to get the wrong color as the stuff is expensive.

The interior has faded to a greenish gold tint, somewhere along the way some new carpet was placed over the old carpet. The newer stuff looks faun but underneath is a rich brown/gold color.

Can anyone enlighten me on what the proper color should be? and post pics of your factory interiors on black cars

I'm thinking. Black exterior, gold interior saddle carpet and white headliner. OR Black exterior, black carpet, gold interior and head lining.

But it should be:- black exterior, gold interior dark gold carpet, gold perforated head liner.

Thanks in advance

Gold, I would think. There is a problem finding the original gold. Lot's of variations though

What is the trim color code listed on the fender tag?

Fender tag best bet. I have a white with gold interior. Legendary, and literally no one sells the right perforated gold interior headliner

Fender tag best bet. I have a white with gold interior. Legendary, and literally no one sells the right perforated gold interior headliner

Absolutely right. I looked for gold, too. Had to settle for white from Legendary.

Just got the Legendary catalogue, they do black, white, blue and red for the head liner but Classic Auto interiors do saddle, fawn plus a host of choices.
Too much gold might be over kill. The saddle carpet sample is also actually gold so I'm thinking white.

Here are a few photos.

The car has a slant which I like but I do have 273 which I have been keeping for the last 30 years in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_4025.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4032.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4035.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4036.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_4040.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4043.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_4056.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_4024.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 215
G'day, looks like a nice clean car.

That interior colour looks the same as my '66 (which was originally a Ca car - now here in Australia).
I believe that the colour is Citron Gold.
That is why it looks a green colour in certain light. Mine is CG exterior too - pretty ugly IMO although quite unique out here.

even though gold was the color of the interior, ie upholstery, carpet, headliner, trim.... it was all different shades of gold, and degrees of gloss and semi gloss, from the factory.

otherwise would just not look right.

Yep that's what I have discovered. Gee barbee6043 do you own all those Mopars?

Hello Gentleman, my name is Rick and i work at Legendary Auto Interiors. I was searching through this thread and seen you are having trouble with the white and gold interiors? You are correct we do not carry it in stock but we can definitely find NOS, just need a phone call to start the process. Hope this helps! The number is 1-800-363-8804

-
Back