Barracuda remote mirror

-

Treblig

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find any good pics of where the remote mirror handle/toggle is installed on the inside of the door. I have a regular driver's mirror and have a remote I wish to install . I did notice that there is a small plug in the door. The small plug is near the front of the door below the vent window. Is that plus for the remote toggle??? I need some good pics of someone's 67/68/69 Fastback barracuda inside door remote mirror toggle.

treblig

The little plastic plug is for a screw/bolt that tightens the vent window. I have a 68 Notch, but it should be the same location. Let me go downstairs and take some pictures an measurements.

The little plastic plug is for a screw/bolt that tightens the vent window. I have a 68 Notch, but it should be the same location. Let me go downstairs and take some pictures an measurements.

Yes, now that you mention it....that is what the plug is for. It's been so long that I forgot about the window screw!!!! Thanks, and I appreciate you going to all the trouble of taking some pics for me.

treblig

No trouble at all! The diameter of the hole is between 3/4 and 7/8, 13/16 I suppose. The center of the hole is up 2 7/8" from the chrome trim. Also, 4 3/8" from the center of the little hole.

Talk about some EXCELLENT HELP!!! Man those pics are exactly what I needed. The tape measure leaves no doubt as to where I should put the hole and the size of the hole. GREAT!! I imagine that I'll have to put a large hole in the middle of the two holes on the outside for the cables to pass through. I have the remote mirror already but I've never removed my original mirror so I don't know if Mopar made all the doors the same so that you get either type of mirror without having to modify the door for the cables??

Thanks a MILLION!!

Treblig

It's kinda strange how the actual cable routes through the outside hole. If you are not in a big hurry, I can take my mirror off tomorrow and get some pics of that. The only thing is, the 68 mirror sits back farther on the door than the 67. I guess it's for a less obstructed view?? Anyway, I'll be glad to do it if you want, the door panel is off and now the adjustment end is taken apart! LOL

It would be great but I'd hate to make you go through all that trouble. I have a '69 fastback Barracuda so mine should be in the same location as yours (on the outside). I would really appreciate it!! I'm not in a hurry. There are great people on this site!!!

Treblig

There are at least two different remote mirrors. One with a long cable and one with a shorter cable. My original was the long cable and the replacement is the shorter, but it fits alright. As I recall, the newer one came off of a Duster.
One of these days I would like to get a passenger side mirror, but I've got other things of more importance to do now.

I'll get some of the other pics tomorrow.

There are at least two different remote mirrors. One with a long cable and one with a shorter cable. My original was the long cable and the replacement is the shorter, but it fits alright. As I recall, the newer one came off of a Duster.
One of these days I would like to get a passenger side mirror, but I've got other things of more importance to do now.

I'll get some of the other pics tomorrow.

Great!! I have two remote mirrors and planned on putting one on the passenger's side but I'll have to figure out where to mount it (My Cuda doesn't have one on that side). I'll post some pics of the mirrors I have tomorrow and show the lengths of the cables for reference.

Thanks again,
treblig

-
Back